May the 4th won’t be the same this year. It will be a weird Star Wars Day to be sure with most of us staying at home, but you don’t have to be alone. Scum & Villainy Cantina has put together an event to connect you with your Star Wars fandom family all day long. And we mean all day. Scum & Villainy will host a 24 hour livestream to celebrate Star Wars with all of you and a ton of special guests. They would be honored if you would join them.
Scum & Villainy
Scum & Villainy Cantina owner J.C. Reifenberg wanted to put something special together for the day. He told Nerdist, “May the 4th is a day that grew from a clever pun to become the biggest nerd holiday of them all. Everyone is a Star Wars fan on May the 4th, the same way that everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s day. With social distancing rules in place and people not able to gather outside of their homes, we wanted to create a place for fans to gather virtually, connect to other fans, and hopefully see something new and entertaining in the spirit of the holiday—for fans, by fans.”
Basically, you can just close your eyes and picture yourself surrounded by friends and fellow fans in the cantina. You’ll be coming together; you’ll just be doing it virtually.
Before we fully explore the schedule, let’s discuss a very important aspect of this Star Wars party. Scum & Villainy, located in Hollywood, will be open from 2:00pm-10:00pm PT for curbside pick-up of to-go containers with their Wretched Blue Milk cocktail, a snack, and a Scum & Villainy patch for $11.38. Bonus points if you get your blue milk in time for the iconic scene in A New Hope.
Scum & Villainy
Which is the perfect segue into the schedule, because yes, they will be watching A New Hope. They’ll be watching The Empire Strikes Back, too. Incredible guests such as Kevin Smith, Leonard Maltin, James Arnold Taylor and more are stopping by. Sideshow Collectibles and Geeki Tiki will make appearances too. Hmm, I wonder if they’ll have anything cool to show off…
Find the hour-by-hour line-up below, though keep in mind it’s subject to change. Watch the livestream beginning at 12:01am PT on Monday, May the 4th on Scum & Villainy’s Facebook, Twitch, or Twitter. The livestream will go until midnight, just before Revenge of the 5th (a.k.a. Tuesday, May 5th).
- 12:00am: Welcome to the Livestream
- 1:00am: A Certain Point of View Debate Show with James Arnold Taylor
- 2:00am: Super Star Wars Super Nintendo Playthrough with Commentary
- 3:00am: An Interview with Richard Edlund
- 4:00am: TBA
- 5:00am: Fan Films and Creators – Troops, Han Solo – A Smuggler’s Trade, Kenobi with Kevin Rubio and Jamie Costa
- 6:00am: Starwoids Documentary
- 7:00am: LiningUp TV
- 8:00am: Interview with John Dykstra, special effects pioneer
- 9:00am: Greg Grunberg Highlights the Passion of Star Wars Fans
- 10:00am: Star Wars and Lord of the Rings Crossovers with Cliff Broadway and Sala Baker
- 11:00am: Fair Use Under the Galactic Empire: Cory Doctorow, The Sucklord, Dennis Przywara, Justin Sewell
- 11:30am: Leonard Maltin
- 12:00pm: James Arnold Taylor Retrospective with the Cast of The Clone Wars and More!
- 1:00pm: Sideshow Collectibles
- 2:00pm: Geeki Tiki
- 2:30pm: Steve Sansweet and Rancho Obi-Wan
- 3:00pm: Todd Stashwick, Steele Saunders, and J.C. Reifenberg Watch A New Hope
- 5:00pm: Kyle Newman, Sam Witwer, and Jen Muro on the Star Wars Prequels
- 6:00pm: Kevin Smith and Marc Bernardin watch The Empire Strikes Back
- 9:00pm: Star Wars Live Online Trivia
- 11:00pm: Mega64 Live!
This is the May the 4th celebration you’re looking for.
Featured Image: Scum & Villainy Cantina