At long last, 2017 has met its untimely end and a brand new year stretches out before us like a Falcon 9 rocket streaking across the skies of Los Angeles. And much like everyone who saw that mysterious shape in the clouds above the City of Angels, we have many, many questions... except ours are more, "What does 2018 have in store for us?" than, "Is that a UFO?" More specifically, in the grand spirit of Muskwatch, we have a number of questions for Elon Musk about what our favorite part of Iron Man 2 hopes to achieve in 2018 and beyond.
In today's episode, Kyle Hill and Dan Casey (that's me) dive headfirst into the muskiest questions of 2018:
- Will the Tesla Roadster, the older model of which Musk launched into space, be capable of flight? According to Musk's mysterious comments, the answer is a definite maybe.
- Will Tesla and SpaceX be merging into one mega-company?
- When will Musk's mysterious network of orbital satellites provide us with the high speed internet we crave? I want to play Overwatch against him and see if he's as talented at first-person shooters as he is at investing and innovating.
- What exactly is the plan for the legions of venomous bats that The Boring Company's sprawling underground tunnel system will inevitably awaken from their slumber?
While you may not find out the answers, we'll help you to ask all the right questions of Elon Musk on our premiere episode of 2018.
Muskwatch airs on Nerdist.com and YouTube every Tuesday, but you can hack the planet and watch it two full days earlier on Sunday if you’re an Alpha subscriber. Find out how you can get 30 days free (and be 48 hours smarter than your dumb friends) right here.
What do you think of this week’s top stories? What else would you like to see us discuss on Muskwatch? Let us know in the comments below!
WHAT ELSE IS ELON MUSK UP TO?
- SpaceX and Uber are teaming up to make flying cars
- This human-controlled robot is like IRL Pacific Rim
- SpaceX wants to make a helpful version of Skynet