We probably should have seen this coming. The signs have certainly been there. Red Lobster recently announced the world’s first official Mountain Dew cocktail, the Dewgarita. And earlier this year Doritos turned that neon green soft drink into its own flavor of chip. And yet we didn’t put all of the pieces together to realize where this was all leading. Now that we’ve reached this destination though it all seems so obvious. Mountain Dew is releasing its own cookbook, so you can “do the Dew” all day with every meal.
The Big Bold Book of MTN DEW Recipes (which we first heard about at The Takeout) is part of the drink’s 80th anniversary celebration. The book will feature nearly forty dishes that utilize the green carbonated drink. But this isn’t just a culinary homage of Mountain Dew. It’s also an ode to its customers. The book consists of “fan-made, fan-inspired, and fan-favorited creations from some of the most imaginative culinary minds on the planet.”
“The relationship between MTN DEW and our fandom is the most exciting partnership, and we’ve continued to draw inspiration from these amazing people and to try to pay back the love they show us every single day,” says Nicole Portwood, Vice President, Marketing, MTN DEW, in a press release. “Our fans have been creating delicious, outrageous, and genuinely mind-blowing recipes with MTN DEW for years. In many ways, this is the long-overdue love letter to those beautiful edible creations and the people behind them. We’re honored to share these recipes with the world in our first-ever curated cookbook!”
Oh, yeah, sure, that makes sense. This isn’t a cookbook. It’s a love letter. To Mountain Dew. And Mountain Dew devotees. Which is good, since they will have to be very, very dedicated to Mountain Dew to want to make some of these recipes. The book includes such options as:
- Bada$$ Breakfasts: “DEW lovers can whip up fluffy green short-stacks and iconic green eggs and ham that are worth getting out of bed for.”
- Dippin’ with DEW: “MTN DEW salsas and BBQ sauces will be the real MVPs of any dish.”
- DEW Does Dinner: “Seriously epic entrees like MTN DEW CODE RED Brisket and MTN DEW LIVEWIRE Brined Turkey will have you calling for seconds.”
- Satisfying Sides: “With snacks like Jalapeño Poppers and MTN DEW infused pickles, now you’ll never have to choose between your go-to party sides and a can of MTN DEW ever again.”
- Dang Good Desserts: “If you thought you loved desserts before, wait until you try the MTN DEW Cherry and Cranberry Pomegranate Fruitcake.”
- Liquid Legends: “Discover twists on classic cocktails and bold, new creations like MTN DEW Slushies and Electric Lemonade that’ll have you chilling out and slurping up.”
We joke, but Mountain Dew brined turkey is actually the perfect meal for Thanksgiving 2020. And good news! You can get the recipe in time for the holiday. The cookbook ($30) comes to the new online DEW Store for limited time starting November 16.
This is also another sign we shouldn’t ignore, so don’t be surprised when an entire Mountain Dew restaurant opens sometime in 2023.
Featured Image: Mountain Dew