SURPRISE BECAUSE SCIENCE CHANNEL! Subscribe now and click the shiny notifications bell so you don’t miss out on all things science and pop culture.
http://bit.ly/BecSciSubOpens in new tab
Get a 30-day free trial and watch Because Science episodes early on Alpha: https://goo.gl/QPP3AUOpens in new tab
Elves have many magical qualities especially in Lord of the Rings, even walking on top of snow, so just how dense would Legolas have to be to do it? Kyle has the elvish science on this week's Because Science!
Special thanks to Tor Books, the proud publisher of Autonomous by Annalee Newitz. Don’t miss the highly anticipated science fiction debut from the founder of io9, available now wherever books are sold.
Subscribe for more Because Science: http://nerdi.st/subscribeOpens in new tab
More science: https://nerdist.com/topic/science-tech/Opens in new tab
Watch more Because Science: http://nerdi.st/BecSciOpens in new tab
Watch the last episode at: http://nerdi.st/2y9BGCaOpens in new tab
Follow Kyle Hill: https://twitter.com/Sci_PhileOpens in new tab
Follow Us: https://twitter.com/NerdistOpens in new tab
Because Science every Thursday.
Artist: Andrew Bowser
• CALCULATING FORCE FOR PUNCHING: http://nerdi.st/2da6FmOOpens in new tab
• SHEAR STRENGTH SNOW 1: http://bit.ly/2fBGvN0Opens in new tab
• SHEAR STRENGTH SNOW 2: http://bit.ly/2xfmANKOpens in new tab
• SHEAR STRENGTH SNOW 3: http://bit.ly/2w8x8KSOpens in new tab
• SHEAR STRENGTH SNOW 4: http://bit.ly/2xohaiKOpens in new tab
• WESTERN SNOW CONFERENCE STUDY: http://bit.ly/2fbopR5Opens in new tab
• FOOT SURFACE AREA: http://bit.ly/2xwFakhOpens in new tab
• DENSITY CALCULATION: http://bit.ly/2wyK9SbOpens in new tab
v2.08 – © Nerdist All Rights Reserved