Mike Myers is back. Really back. In fact, he’s back eight times. That’s how many roles he’ll play in his new Netflix series The Pentaverate. And thanks to Netflix and The Pentaverate‘s latest trailer we know all of his parts. But even with him filling all those shoes, some big name co-stars will also come along for the fun. Rob Lowe and Maria Menounous will join the star-studded cast to investigate the world’s oldest and most powerful secret society.
But no, it’s not the shadow group Beyoncé and Jay-Z are in.
We knew Lemonade was trying to tell us something! The Pentaverate trailer also tells us Jeremy Irons is narrating. Clearly the series needed a voice with authority, because it will go deep into a secret cabal that has long run the world. Here’s the show’s official synopsis from Netflix:
What if a secret society of five men has been working to influence world events for the greater good since the Black Plague of 1347? As this new series begins, one unlikely Canadian journalist finds himself embroiled in a mission to uncover the truth and just possibly save the world himself. Remember, the Pentaverate must never be exposed!
The streaming site did finally expose every role the show’s creator will play. Here are the names and descriptions for all eight of Mike Myers’ characters:
- Ken Scarborough: An old-school Canadian news journalist who sets out to expose the Pentaverate and win his job back.
- Anthony Lansdowne: A New England conspiracy theorist, determined to expose the Pentaverate.
- Rex Smith: A far-right radio host and highly prominent conspiracy theorist.
- Lord Lordington: The Pentaverate’s oldest and highest-ranking member.
- Bruce Baldwin: Former media mogul.
- Mishu Ivanov: Ex-Russian oligarch.
- Shep Gordon: Former Rock-N-Roll manager.
- Jason Eccleston: A tech genius who invented the Pentaverate’s super computer, MENTOR.
There are still plenty of other great roles for the rest of the cast. Ken Jeong plays Skip Cho, a “casino mogul with extensive knowledge in the chaos theory of weather patterns.” Keegan-Michael Key joins as Dr. Hobart Clark, a “nuclear physicist, recruited into the Pentaverate to resolve the climate change disaster.” Debi Mazar, Richard McCabe, Jennifer Saunders, and Lydia West will also get in on the super secret fun.
Executive Producer Tim Kirkby directs. The Pentaverate‘s release date’s is not a secret, either. It will feature six half-hour episodes when it comes to Netflix on May 5. That’s right, Mike Myers will play more characters than there are episodes. Like we said, he’s back.