The world of Harry Potter hit a significant milestone this year with its twentieth anniversary, but that’s not the only notable blip on the wizarding world timeline. The “19 Years Later” epilogue scene from J.K. Rowling‘s Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and the beginning of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is today, September 1, 2017. The Hogwarts Express is pulling into Platform 9 3/4 at King’s Cross Station to whisk witches and wizards away to a magical castle where they’ll learn how to cast Expelliarmus and fly on broomsticks.
First days at school are intimidating. While waiting for the bright red train to pull into the station, Albus expresses concern about the possibility of being sorted into Slytherin. His older brother James (who started at Hogwarts in 2015) teases him about scary creatures like Thestrals. The kid has a lot on his mind. But we have a few tips to help him (or any aspiring witches or wizards) through life at Hogwarts:
- Accept the choice of the Sorting Hat, it can see into your true self. The Sorting Hat knows what’s up.
- Don’t take bait from bullies who try to make you break rules.
- Related, follow the rules! You’re not Harry Potter. Don’t open secret chambers.
- Get a Hogwarts approved pet (owl, cat, or toad), because why wouldn’t you want to have a pet with you at school?
- Choose your friends wisely; you have to spend many years with them.
- Save your sickles now, so you can buy all the butterbeer when you’re allowed to go to Hogsmeade in your third year.
- Maybe stay away from any Time-Turners that come your way.
- Make. Friends. With. Hagrid
Good luck Albus, Rose, and Scorpius! We have a feeling you’re going to be just fine.
What advice would you give the kids for thriving at Hogwarts? Apparate to the comments and share your thoughts.
Want more Harry Potter?
- Get sorted with a Harry Potter bath bomb.
- Two new Harry Potter books are on the way.
- Make some alcoholic butterbeer.
[brightcove video_id=”5251427557001″ brightcove_account_id=”3653334524001″ brightcove_player_id=”rJs2ZD8x”]
Featured Image: Warner Bros.