Would you rather own Han Solo's jacket from The Empire Strikes Back or Indiana Jones' fedora from Raiders of the Lost Ark?
What about Marty McFly's hoverboard or an actual Wonka Bar from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory? These are just a few of the pieces available in a massive new auction featuring some of the best props and costumes in movie history.
The film and TV memorabilia company Prop Store has announced its fifth annual Entertainment Memorabilia Live Auction, which this year will include over "600 rare and iconic lots." The live auction (which will also be streamed online) will be hosted by the UK's largest cinema group ODEON this fall at London’s BFI IMAX, on Thursday, September 20 in Waterloo, London. The entire giant collection, which also includes pieces like Captain America's WWII rescue costume and Rose's letter from Titanic, is expected to sell for over $4.6 million.
You can register for the auction now to see the entire catalogue, and "bids can be placed online from anywhere in the world, by phone or in person," with online proxy bids starting August 31. The auction's best, most expensive pieces (which are listed below with their expected sale price), will be out of the price range for many of us. (We would totally spend over a million for Han Solo's jacket if Jabba would loan us the money.) However, there are some items available for more reasonable sums, like an SFX Crew Jacket from The Last Jedi (estimated price $265-$397) and a pair of Olivanders Wand Boxes from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (estimated price of $530).
But no matter the size of your Gringotts account, everyone will be able to see some of these incredible items in person, because they will host a free preview of the collection for the public, showcasing 270 items, from Sept. 6 through Sept. 20 at the BFI IMAX. The preview will also include "a number of special screenings at the BFI IMAX, inspired by the iconic film props that will be going on sale." More details about the related showings will be announced at ODEON's website.
Which of the top 20 items listed below would be your number one choice to take home with you? Let us know in the comments section below.
1. Han Solo’s jacket from The Empire Strikes Back ($661,302-$1,322,545)
2. Marty McFly’s Hoverboard from Back to the Future Part 2 ($39,676-$66,139)
3. Stormtrooper Helmet from A New Hope ($52,911-$79,378)
4. Tyler Durden’s Robe from Fight Club ($13,229-$19,844)
5. Brandon Lee's Crow’s Costume from The Crow ($26,460-$33,075)
6. Indiana Jones’ Bullwhip from The Temple of Doom ($66,139-$92,614)
7. Rose’s Farewell Note from Titanic ($5,292-$7,938)
8. Michael Jackson's Speed Demon Costume from Moonwalker ($13,229-$19,844)
9. Wonka Bar from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory ($10,584-$13,232)
10. Agent J’s Light-up Noisy Cricket from Men in Black ($10,584-$15,883)
11. Forrest Gump’s Weathered Bubba Gump Shrimp Hat from Forrest Gump ($6,616-$9,264)
12. Legolas' Lothlorien Arrow from The Lord of the Rings ($10,584-$13,232)
13. Jumanji Game Board from Jumanji ($10,584-$13,232)
14. Edward Scissorhands' Costume Display from Edward Scissorhands ($79,412-$105,883)
15. Michelle Pfeiffer's Catwoman Corset from Batman Returns ($3,971-$6,618)
16. Arnold Schwarzenegger's Terminator Jacket from The Terminator ($26,460-$39,714)
17. First Order Stormtrooper Helmet from The Last Jedi ($39,714-$66,179)
18. Indiana Jones' Fedora from Raiders of the Lost Ark ($264,719-$397,079)
19. Captain America's Distressed Army Rescue Costume from The First Avenger ($52,945-$79,418)
20. Anakin Skywalker's Hero Lightsaber from Revenge of the Sith ($66,179-$132,364)
Images: Prop Store