Many of Campbell’s various soups and recipes go into making your favorite side dishes. As we fall into November and get closer to holidays that come with massive meals, we definitely have side dishes on the mind. Sure, main dishes are fun, but they’re no stuffing or casserole. They wish. Campbell’s State of the Sides report shows 67% of 5,000 Americans surveyed prefer side dishes to the entrée. I am one of that group. But Campbell’s is taking its dedication to sides to another level by making Campbell’s recipe-inspired chocolate soup truffles.
Campbell’s teamed up with luxury chocolatier Phillip Ashley Chocolates to create a Holiday Sides Collection of sweets. The six-piece, “soup-infused” savory chocolate truffles set takes inspiration directly from Campbell’s holiday recipes. Are you as skeptical as we are? Well, see if the description of these Campbell’s truffles makes you feel any better.
- Green Bean Casserole – A Campbell’s icon and top side dish, per the State of the Sides, this truffle brings out the umami flavors of the dish by featuring Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom condensed soup, green beans and onion infused sea salt in a dark chocolate fudge bonbon.
- Jalapeño Cheddar Mac & Cheese – A top side dish that continues to grow in popularity around the holidays, this truffle features Campbell’s Cheddar Cheese soup, triple cream Brie, and jalapeño-infused white chocolate ganache in a blond chocolate bonbon.
- Baked Corn Casserole – One of a few holiday side dish options that Americans would eat year-round, this truffle is composed of cornbread, sweet corn and Campbell’s Cream of Chicken soup in a white chocolate bonbon.
- Hot Honey Mashed Sweet Potatoes – The perfect balance of sweet and spicy, this truffle is composed of sweet potatoes, thyme, local Memphis hot honey, Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom soup and milk in a chocolate bonbon.
- Everything Bagel Mashed Potatoes – A trendy twist on the nation’s favorite side dish, this truffle features a Campbell’s Cheddar Cheese soup caramel coated in a dark chocolate bonbon with everything bagel seasoning.
- Apple, Fennel & Herb Stuffing – A combination of rich flavor, this truffle contains roasted apples, fennel and Campbell’s Cream of Celery Soup bread pudding in a blond chocolate bonbon.
Bringing savory layers to chocolate is a tried-and-true way to amplify its depth and sweet notes. I should have mixed feelings about eating Campbell’s Cream of Mushroom condensed soup in the same bite as dark chocolate fudge. But really, that description only intrigues me.
The limited edition Holiday Sides Collection goes on sale on November 7 for $35 while supplies last.