Rick Moranis

Nerdist Podcast: Rick Moranis

The amazing and multi-talented Rick Moranis is on the Nerdist podcast! He talks about how he got into the entertainment business, why movies like Ghostbusters and Little Shop of Horrors are still so great, and his new album My Mother’s Brisket and Other Love Songs!

Order Rick’s new album My Mother’s Brisket and Other Love Songs!

Mercury Will Devour Your Gold

Mercury Will Devour Your Gold

article
How Hard Was Removing Superman's Mustache in JUSTICE LEAGUE?

How Hard Was Removing Superman's Mustache in JUSTICE LEAGUE?

article
Thor’s Hammer Has Been Reborn as a Set of Tools

Thor’s Hammer Has Been Reborn as a Set of Tools

article

Comments

1. JetpackBlues says:

Bit of trivia: Spaceballs is one of the few PG movies with the word fuck in it.

“OUT OF ORDER?! FUCK! Even in the future nothing works!”

2. Adam says:

Great episode! I’m going to watch Spaceballs now.

3. Todd Mason says:

The first SCTV series, syndicated in the US from the small Global network in Canada, played in Boston in 1978 (iirc) in early weekend fringe primetime (7p or 7:30p)…and was pretty impressive, if clearly done on a relative shoestring (compared even to what they were able to afford for the NBC series, SCTV NETWORK 90 and the last iteration, the Cinemax 45ish-minute segments). “The Grapes of Mud” (and the recursive framing story for the Steinbeck-adaptation parody at the SCTV station, with Harold Ramis playing the whining villain in both cases) was particularly memorable…

4. Patty Marvel says:

@JetpackBlues – “@Patty Marvel: “Twat’s that?”, she queefed softly….”

Well, I *DID* volunteer to be the assistant to the Complaint Unit for Nerdist Trollery, or be the “Ass. C.U.N.T.”

5. JetpackBlues says:

@Patty Marvel: “Twat’s that?”, she queefed softly….

6. JP says:

Wait Rick don’t go… we miss you.

7. Leephus says:

Rick was great, always a favorite of mine!

8. Matt says:

Rick is so wise. This was a cool interview

9. stefano says:

so much awesomeness. thanks Chris.

10. Cory says:

Awesome. Last person i expected. Truly a hot, tasty pod here.

11. Stephanie K says:

Love RICK! He’s been so MIA! Thank you so much for this podcast!

12. Lost Midwest says:

Such a great episode! I was so happy that you left the tape rolling at the end, it was a delight to hear how much he enjoyed doing the podcast.

This is definitely one of my favorites. Keep up the good work.

13. TomLennon says:

I’m only 20minutes in and I think there should 100% be a Rick Moranis podcast. This is great!

14. hexlord says:

If you don’t like Rick Moranis, you are wrong.

15. Patty Marvel says:

@JetpackBlues – “Quaff, oh quaff this kind nepenthe, and forget this lost Elsinore!”

Isn’t “QUAFF” a sounds only females make?

😉

And EVERYTHING sound better in James Earl Jones’ voice, so I’m totally down with that.

16. JetpackBlues says:

@ Patty Marvel: Quaff, oh quaff this kind nepenthe, and forget this lost Elsinore!

Is it weird that I read your post hearing James Earl Jones’ voice in my head? http://youtu.be/sXU3RfB7308

@ Di: I’m sure Matthew Broderick and Corin Nemec are tight. 😛

17. Tyler says:

He sounds so much like Saget it’s crazy!

18. Larry MacInnis says:

Rick Moranis! Smart, funny, nice, has there ever been a greater guy!

19. thefretboard says:

Great get! I must admit that I derive just a little bit of pleasure thinking about Maron getting chafed when Chris & the Boys are able to get a guest like Rick Moranis. Take Off!

20. -Di. says:

To make the perfect 80’s trifecta week it would be cool if Mathew Brodrick (Or Corin Nemec) were on the podcast! You can’t loose with either of those two.

21. Jared says:

We got Alex Winter AND Rick Moranis during the same week!!?? The 80’s are alive this week on the Nerdist podcast

22. Patty Marvel says:

@JetpackBlues –

Ah, distinctly I remember it was in the bleak December,
    And each separate dying bubble wrought its ghost upon the floor.
    Eagerly I wished for more now; – vainly I had sought to borrow
    From my books surcease of sorrow – sorrow for the lost Elsinore –
    For the rare and amber brewski whom the angels named Elsinore –
    Empty here for evermore.

23. Flatulator says:

I was hoping he would be like his Ghostbusters character. Very disappointing.

24. JetpackBlues says:

@guestboner: I found a mouse in my beer: http://goo.gl/TYuDd You can’t fit a mouse in a podcast, hosehead. 😕

I just grabbed this today, and am about 2/3 of the way through, and it’s a wonderful interview.

25. simon harper says:

This was a great podcast, possibly my favourite yet.
    Rick Moranis comes across as someone who would give a great interview everytime except ironically he doesn’t like them

26. mikachu says:

Wow, loved Rick’s take on fame, popularity, and celebrity. What a refreshing outlook on life, and living for what is truly important!

27. Anthony says:

I thought that CH was about to go into a bit about not seeing that many famous Jewish Country Western singers. He was actually just stating a fact. Kinky Friedman and Ray Benson are the only ones that came up on a web search.

28. erik2690 says:

Really great. I also love the part at the end when he gives you guys props for being so easy to be around. Just really cool to hear from him after what seems like quite a while. He seems very nice.

29. anoneymous says:

I’ve seen. That “SCTV” episodes are now on DVD. Including a “best of Bob and Doug McKenzie” “the great. White north”

30. artemus_who says:

This is probably my favorite episode yet! It deserved the supersized run time and hearing him after the podcast finished was delightful. He seems like such a great person

31. BoyDharma says:

Awesome show, probably ranks up there with Rollins or better. Such awesome stories and that nugget of wisdom at the end made it great. Thanks Mr. Hardwick you’re a good guy.

32. That was fantastic!

Now if only Hulu Plus had SCTV.

33. Jen says:

Hey I won a raffle at the Hollywood Theater in Dormont (Pittsburgh) PA and got to pick any movie I wanted to show on the big screen. I chose STRANGE BREW! I love Rick Moranis!! Everyone loved the movie!

34. Dan says:

Nerdist podcast with Rick Moranis on my birthday? You really shouldn’t have, it’s too much!

35. Evan says:

THE KEY MASTER HAS RETURNED!

36. Erin says:

HELL YES.

Um, this barrel is legendary.

37. ScreamingFalcon says:

Wow, I thought he retired! That was what I heard the reason he wouldn’t do the Ghostbusters games.

38. gnosticjedi says:

What the hell?? How awesomely interviewable is rick moranis? Splendid offering! Hizzah! So much information. thx 😀

39. jFresh says:

I am so freaking out right now…I thought he retired.

40. Patty Marvel says:

@fantas – And I farking LOVE this particular barrel! Scrape away, Mr. Hardwick, and scoop out whatever awesomeness you find.

Now, if I only had a barrel of fudge, then I’d REALLY be happy.

Ohhhhhh…fudge…

41. mike hollihan says:

How about “Streets of Fire”? Moranis was great in that one, too. An under-rated movie.

42. What I just exclaimed, out loud, to myself, alone in my room: “Holy shit!” Nerdist getting a podcast episode with Rick Moranis is the equivalent of TCM getting a Private Screenings special with Deanna Durbin (where she still alive); something I was convinced in a thousand years was never gonna happen.

SIDENOTE: If you don’t think Little Shop of Horrors is the best musical of all time, you are wrong.

43. Carrie says:

So he not dead after all. The next big surprise will be Frank Oz. I’m calling it right now. Either this year or next year Frank Oz will be on the Nerdist. If that doesn’t work out the cast of Top Gear UK would be even better. Because Top Gear US sucks.

44. Mr.Shore says:

Holy Shit its the Key Master!

45. Guestboner says:

Oh, shit. Eddy and Fantas have combined and melded into one giant troll. It’s fucking Trolltron. Call in the National Guard.

46. Guestboner says:

Hey I found a dead mouse in my podcast, eh. That means you owe me a free podcast ya hoser.

47. fantas says:

really scrapping the bottom of the barrel Hardwick

48. Atticus says:

Aw yisssss. Rick Moranis. I love Honey I Shrunk the Kids and Little Shop of Horrors.

49. Guestboner says:

I know right? Honey I blew up my zipper.

50. jake says:

Oh my God. I’m freaking out! How did you guys get Rick Moranis?