AFC Richmond’s manager believes in “believe.” As for me, I believe I’ll be trying to get my hands on Fisher-Price’s next Little People Collector set, because it features the most wholesome cast of characters in the English Premiere League. You can now make the Ted Lasso crew part of your home team.
The newest addition to Fisher-Price’s line of diminutive figures celebrates Apple TV+’s hit soccer—sorry, football—series. The all-new Ted Lasso Little People Collector set comes with six stars of the show. It includes:
- Ted Lasso sporting his navy AFC Richmond sweater over a collared shirt, khaki pants, and red “matchday” sneakers.
- Rebecca Welton holding a box of Ted’s tasty biscuits and wearing an eggplant suit. That’s a reference to the time Coach Lasso told her, “Being a role model’s a huge deal. Don’t you realize that there’s probably a little girl out there somewhere rocking a tiny eggplant-colored power suit, and she’s just dreaming about becoming a sports executive someday.”
- Keeley Jones features a tight ponytail, big hoop earrings, and pink high heels. She’s also holding her cellphone. It sports a Fisher-Price Little People lion and panda. That’s a callback to when Keeley asked Ted and Rebecca if they’d rather lions or pandas.
- Coach Beard is also on the job in his signature AFC Richmond warm-up tracksuit and holding a clipboard.
- Roy Kent, looking less grumpy than usual, is in a black AFC Richmond jersey uniform.
- Sam Obisanya and his big signature smile wears a traditional AFC Richmond game uniform with a soccer ball in his hand hand.
But the box these figures come in is also part of the fun. It features more than ten Easter eggs for fans of the show to find. Barbecue sauce, indeed.
Unlike the show’s third season, though, you don’t have to wait for this set. It’s available starting today, August 9 ($29.99). And I don’t believe I’ll be the only Ted Lasso fan looking out for it. I know I’m not.