The Blue Blur has conquered video games, Dr. Robotnik, and the big screen. He’s even conquered LEGO before. But now he’s ready to conquer the fact those little plastic bricks don’t move like he does. The company announced another partnership with Sega that will bring a new collection of Sonic the Hedgehog LEGO sets to stores. Only these collectibles aren’t designed to merely sit on your shelf collecting dust. They’ll let you zip Sonic around your home.
Sega and the LEGO Group are celebrating both brands with a new Sonic the Hedgehog Product Range. It will include four different sets “of different sizes and complexity” for fans to build. The collection—sold separately—will also celebrate some of the most famous characters and locations in the franchise. And it will come with plenty of accessories and extras. (You can find the full product descriptions with images, measurements, and prices below).
You’ll be able to construct Sonic’s Speed Sphere, Tails’s Workshop and Tornado Plane, Amy’s Animal Rescue Island, and the Green Hill Zone. They’ll come with figures for Sonic, Tails, Amy, and Dr. Eggman. Those would be fun static collectibles for Sonic fans to take home. But this collection also celebrates the spirit of video game franchise and its iconic character. The LEGO Sonic the Hedgehog collaboration has “modular elements inviting Sonic fans to build high-velocity obstacles for Sonic to blast through as he battles the Badniks and rescues his friends.”
Customers won’t be limited to just these four settings, however. LEGO says the collection lets fans “get creative, construct their own unique courses, combine sets and invent new storylines, or reminisce their treasured memories as they challenge the beloved hedgehog to be the hero of the day.”
Challenge accepted. As soon as we can take it.
The LEGO Sonic The Hedgehog sets will be available this summer. They go on sale at LEGO.com and in LEGO stores on August 1st, 2023.
Sonic’s Speed Sphere Challenge
- Ages: 7+
- Pieces: 292
- Measurements: The speed sphere launcher measures over 1.5 in. (4 cm) high, 5.5 in. (14 cm) wide and 2 in. (5 cm) deep
- 3 characters and accessories – The set comes with Sonic the Hedgehog, the iconic Moto bug Badnik, Sonic’s Flicky friend and lots of accessories for role play
- Price: 29,99 EUR / 34.99 USD / 24,99 GBP
Tails’s Workshop and Tornado Plane
- Ages: 6+
- Pieces: 376
- Measurements: The workshop measures over 3.5 in. (9 cm) high, 5 in. (12 cm) wide and 3.5 in. (9 cm) deep
- 4 characters and accessories – This action playset comes with characters Sonic, Tails, a Clucky, Buzz Bomber and lots of toy accessories for role play
- Price: 42,99 EUR / 39.99 USD / 37,99 GBP
Amy’s Animal Rescue Island
- Ages: 7+
- Pieces: 388
- Measurements: The island measures over 5 in. (12 cm) high, 9.5 in. (24 cm) wide and 6.5 in. (17 cm) deep
- 6 characters and accessories – The set comes with characters Amy, Tails, Crabmeat, Picky, Pocky and a Flicky, plus accessories for creative play
- Price: 52,99 EUR / 49.99 USD / 46,99 GBP
Sonic’s Green Hill Zone Loop Challenge
- Ages: 8+
- Pieces: 802
- Measurements: The primary track assembly with loop measures over 8 in. (21 cm) high, 14.5 in. (37 cm) wide and 7.5 in. (19 cm) deep
- 9 characters and accessories – The set comes with Sonic, Amy, a Flicky, Becky, Pocky, Pecky, Dr. Eggman, plus Badniks Chopper and Newtron and lots of toy accessories for role play
- Price: 104,99 EUR / 99.99 USD / 94,99 GBP