Enjoying a show on a streaming service is a dangerous mission in our current world. You’ll dig the first season and its awesome cliffhanger only to discover that there will not be a second season. Or, even worse, a streaming service pulls the plug on a show you love and removes it from the service altogether. This is why physical media will never go out of style. If you own a copy of your fave movie or series, no one can take it away unless they physically fight you first. While Disney+ probably won’t remove its MCU nor Star Wars shows any time soon, you can now own physical copies of Loki, WandaVision, and The Mandalorian on 4K UHD and Blu-ray. These will be the first Disney+ original series to get a physical release.
These collector’s editions from Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm will have Steelbook packaging, exclusive concept art, and bonus features. Here are the titles and release dates for the Disney+ MCU and Star Wars series that will have physical copies available on 4K UHD and Blu-ray.
- Marvel Studios’ Loki: The Complete First Season: 4K UHD and Blu-ray releases on September 26, 2023
- Marvel Studios’ WandaVision: The Complete Series:4K UHD and Blu-ray releases on November 28, 2023
- Star Wars The Mandalorian: The Complete First Season: 4K UHD and Blu-ray releases on December 12, 2023
- Star Wars The Mandalorian: The Complete Second Season: 4K UHD and Blu-ray releases on December 12, 2023
Right now, there aren’t more details for what WandaVision and The Mandalorian will offer with their 4K UHD and Blu-ray releases, but here’s what the Loki release will include:
- Designing the TVA – Step into the incredible set of Loki Season 1 with Production Designer, Kasra Farahani, and Tom Hiddleston while getting a sneak peek into Season 2.
- The Official TVA Orientation Video – Miss Minutes explains the inner workings of the TVA timeline in her orientation video.
- Gag Reel – Take a look at some of the fun outtakes on set with the cast and crew of Loki Season 1.
- Deleted Scene: Loki’s Coronation – Mobius reviews some moments from Loki’s timeline, in which Frog Thor makes an appearance during Loki’s coronation.
- Deleted Scene: The Standoff – Loki holds Sylvie hostage against the TVA in a standoff.
- Assembled: The Making of Loki – Loki explores the series centering on the MCU’s chief mischief maker.
We can also check out the artwork for these lovely releases. It will certainly make you want to add them to any collection that you already have or want to build. And, if the day ever comes when Disney+ doesn’t have MCU or Star Wars content anymore, you will own these shows forever in their physical forms.
All four of these 4K UHD and Blu-ray Disney+ releases will be available for preorder on August 28.