If you’re playing Baldur’s Gate 3, and you probably are, chances are it has consumed all the thoughts in your brain. But who can blame you? This Dungeons & Dragons meets video game title has struck just the right chord with gamers everywhere. At the forefront of the game’s success are its well-crafted characters. (Whichever character you think is the best, we completely agree.) Now you can give a little extra life to whoever you are romancing with these Baldur’s Gate 3 Origin character-inspired candles.
Baldur’s Gate 3 is very immersive, but it doesn’t yet offer a scent-DLC. And that’s where Planeshift Candles comes in. The candle company shares, “Lighting a candle while playing at home immediately makes TTRPG play more of an immersive experience. Being able to breathe in the scents of the setting helps visualise the world and creates a more engaging experience, while playing together with friends or at home online.” We couldn’t agree more. And Planeshift Candles actually takes their Baldur’s Gate 3 character candles a step further when it comes to bringing the game to life.
The official description for the collection notes, “Each candle is inspired by a different Origin Character and has been designed based on their canon fragrance (if it is available!) and elements about their character.” Oftentimes, character-based candles rely only on the characters’ personalities to inform their scent. But in the case of these, there’s an actual scent to be inspired by. That’s taking immersion to another level.
Baldur’s Gate 3 Character-Inspired Candles and Their Scents
Right now, this line of candles includes the Origin characters: Astarion, Halsin, Gale, Shadowheart, Karlach, Wyll, and Lae’zel. Here are the key scents in each blend:
- The chief scents in Astarion’s Baldur’s Gate 3 candle are bergamot, rosemary, and brandy.
- The chief scents in Halsin’s Baldur’s Gate 3 candle are oak moss, honey, and basil.
- The chief scents in Gale’s Baldur’s Gate 3 candle are amber, parchment, and persimmon.
- The chief scents in Shadowhearts’ Baldur’s Gate 3 candle are black orchids, tea rose, and incense.
- The chief scents in Karlach’s Baldur’s Gate 3 candle are woodsmoke, cinnamon, and motor oil.
- The chief scents in Wyll’s Baldur’s Gate 3 candle are cedar, cardamom, and red wine.
- The chief scents in Lae’zel’s Baldur’s Gate 3 candle are leather, ginger, and lime.
How to Purchase These Character-Inspired Candles
If you check out the Planeshift Candles page and find that some of the candles are sold out, don’t despair! The Baldur’s Gate 3 candles will be releasing in pre-order waves that will be frequently restocked. If you want to snag your favorite, keep an eye on the Planeshift Candles social media pages. And soon, hopefully, your house will smell just like your fav.