Would You Care For My Penis?

photo(15)

Can you dominate a species any MORE than having it serve a tray of its own dicks to you??? I guess you could put a propeller beanie on it and a t-shirt that says, “I heart farts,” but this is pretty dang close.

Actually, this is from an amazing Naturalist shop in Soho, NY called “Evolution,” which has a very cool “biology as old-timey art” vibe. I have an enormous insect collection and always drool a little bit at the flawlessness of the specimens they have there.

I don’t own any stuffed critters, just in case you were wondering.

Comments

1. Brynn McManus says:

There is a store just like that in San Francisco that my cousin took me to. They had a fairly realistic-looking stuffed unicorn in the front window and taxidermic mice re-enacting Shakespeare. In other words I loved it.

P.S. Sorry if I didn’t use “taxidermic” correctly. I honestly have no idea, but you get the point.

2. Marie says:

That whole store is full of crazy crap like that!

3. Ultrathew says:

Chris – have you ever been to Deyrolle in Paris? Definitely the most amazing collection of taxidermy and insects I’ve ever seen. Sadly, they had a big fire there a couple of years ago, but I was just there last month and the place is nearly back to its former glory. http://www.deyrolle.fr/

4. Deltus says:

And here I thought “bone” was just a saying…

5. cornkake36 says:

peewee hermin wants one!!!

6. Tricia says:

I’m desensitized to animal penises since getting my dog. Did you know that a bull’s penis is a doggie delicacy? Totally digestible…smoked to perfection. They’re called bully sticks. Granted, I’ve never seen a taxidermed bull serving them up on a platter at the pet store. Would be an interesting PR stunt for the bull’s penis industry, though.

7. cornkake36 says:

looks like peewee hermin’s pet got hit by a car and turned into a gay salesman!

8. Ryan Berkley says:

LOVE that store!
    Bought a replica great white too there.

9. stelatonmave says:

Finally! A store where i can buy mounted insects AND raccoon penis bones! Someone’s been listening.

10. John says:

This made up for my bad day at work.

11. alpha9ner says:

aah, nothing finishes off a meal better than cleanin’ your tooth at the table with ye old penis pick.

12. Patrick Benjamin says:

No thanks. I don’t approve of panhandling. Besides, I’ve never priced penis bones before, how do i know this little bandit isn’t ripping me off?

13. Erika says:

I wonder how many people buy those… And why. O:

14. Alissa says:

been to that store. missed the raccoon penis. great. now i’ll have to go back to NY. unless you got me one, chris.

15. Ryan says:

It concerns me that when someone asks if I would care for a penis on Twitter, I click on the link. Does this mean I subconsciously would care for one? And just when I thought I was done with therapy. Damn you Hardwick!

16. elizabeth ann says:

i have only a tiny insect collection that my parents started for us when we were very little, but places like this always make me want to add… fingers itch to examine some of the displays in the back.

as for the penisbone… i have a shot of a dire wolf penis bone on my phone from a recent trek to the tar-pits. but the wolf didn’t hold it out to me… :( obviously, your raccoon is much prouder of his magic stick.

17. Major says:

lol i think i just shat a hospital