With The Force Awakens less than a month away, everyone is jumping on the Star Wars branding bandwagon and that’s a good thing—no, a fantastic thing. It’s a wonderful time to be a Star Wars fan because your whole life can be Star Wars-ified, what with characters appearing on everything from crayons to soup. And now, Pop Chips!
Pop Chips have released limited edition bags for Star Wars: The Force Awakens and what better way to celebrate all things from the galaxy far, far away than to use those chips to bake cookies? (Riiiiiight?!) Cookies made with potato chips have been around for years, but using chips make these cookies less oily, more crunchy, and all sorts of delicious. You won’t be able to resist the dark side of cookies.
Star Wars Pop Chips Cookies
What You’ll Need:
–Stormtrooper cookie cutter (available from Williams-Sonoma)
-1 cup unsalted butter, softened
-1/2 cup sugar
-1/2 teaspoon vanilla
-2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
-1 cup Sea Salt Potato Pop Chips, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and prep baking sheets with silpats or parchment.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream the butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Slowly add in the flour until just combined, then fold in the crushed Pop Chips.
- The dough will be crumbly, press together and on a floured surface, roll out to ⅜-inch then use the Stormtrooper cutter to cut out cookies and place on the prepped baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes and let cool on a wire rack.
- Eat and enjoy the salty/sweet combination
Would you feed these cookies to your little Padawans? Let us know in the comments below.
IMAGES: Jenn Fujikawa
Disclosure: Pop Chips provided product without compensation, all opinions are my own.