Sony has finally announced that Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End will be launching on March 18, 2016 exclusively on the PlayStation 4. But perhaps what’s even more exciting news? Several different versions have also been announced—including two collector’s editions.
The first of the two is the Special Edition that will set you back $79.99, but will include some nifty gear like a steel case. The pricier Libertalia Collector’s Edition will cost a whopping $119.99 and will include at statue of Nathan Drake.
Here are the full details on what’s included in the collector editions, straight from the PlayStation Blog:
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End Blu-ray disc
- Collectible steelbook case designed by Alexander “That Kid Who Draws” Iaccarino
- 48-page hardcover art book by Naughty Dog and Dark Horse
- Naughty Dog and Pirate Sigil Sticker Sheet
- Naughty Dog Points (which you can redeem to unlock new multiplayer content and character upgrades)
Libertalia Collector’s Edition includes everything listed above, plus:
- A 12″ premium Nathan Drake statue by Gentle Giant
- Three multiplayer outfits: Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Heist Drake, and Desert Drake outfits
- Three custom weapon skins: Golden Weapon Skin, Snow Weapon Skin, and Desert Weapon Skin
- Henry Avery, Thomas Tew, and Adam Baldrige Sigil Ball Caps
- Madagascar Sidekick Outfits
- Phurba Dagger Taunt
- An Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End dynamic theme
For those who want the biggest treasure, you’ll definitely want to jump on the Libertalia edition. The 12″ Nathan Drake statue looks fantastic—somewhat reminiscent of the statue that was included with the Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception collector’s edition, which I still own.
If you’re looking to go all digital, Sony has your back. If you pre-order the standard edition on the PlayStation Network, here is what you can expect:
- Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End digital download
- Two multiplayer outfits: Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune and Heist Drake
- Two custom weapon skins: Golden Weapon Skin and Snow Weapon Skin
- The Phurba Dagger Taunt
- Naughty Dog Points
If you’re of the go-big or go-home mindset, the Deluxe Digital Edition is for you. It will include all of the above, plus:
- Desert Drake Multiplayer Outfit
- Desert Weapon Skin
- Thomas Tew and Adam Baldridge
- Uncharted 4 Triple Pack
- Includes future access to the first-ever single-player story add-on for the Uncharted series and two multiplayer packs that will unlock new, rare and legendary multiplayer items
- Instant unlock of two multiplayer customization items
See? You have so many options here. It seems as though no matter what route you go with, you’re going to be showered with plenty of goodies. There’s also nothing wrong with just waiting for the actual game to hit retailers. Obviously we would have loved to get our hands on this title this year, but March isn’t too far off. If Naughty Dog says they need more time to polish the final product, then they need the extra time. They are one of the few studios you can trust to always produce a quality title: their track record speaks for itself.
If you need your Uncharted fix, and March 18,2016 seems too far away, remember that Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection will be available on October 9 of this year. It should be enough to keep you occupied until then, or you know, you can also play Fallout 4 in the meantime.
Which version will you be purchasing? Do you own Nathan Drake collectibles? Let us know in the comments below.
HT: PlayStation Blog
Image Credit: Sony Computer Entertainment