Thursday morning, indie comics label Thrillbent announced the launch of its app and digital subscription service for the company’s line of comics.
Boasting 250 books to start – including Mark Waid’s Insufferable – the service will offer a $3.99/month subscription to Thrillbent’s catalog of ongoing titles and back issues. Plus, they’ve got some new titles in the pipe for 2014:
– Empire, Vol. 2 by Mark Waid, Barry Kitson and colorist Chris Sotomayor
– The House in the Wall, a horror series by The Eight Seal’s James Tynion IV and Noah J. Yuenkel and artist Eryk Donovan
– Insufferable: Home Field Advantage, the next series of Insufferable adventures by Mark Waid, Peter Krause, Nolan Woodard and Troy Peteri
– The Best Thing, an upcoming series by The New York Times bestselling fantasy writer Seanan McGuire
– The return of The Damnation of Charlie Wormwood, by Christy Blanch, Chris Carr, & Chee
Like Dark Horse, Thrillbent is looking to drive traffic to its own digital storefront rather than giving a piece to third-party apps like comiXology. Their pricing isn’t too far off what other publishers are asking for first-run books, plus making the subscription cover all of the titles in the Thrillbent line draws on the same kind of all-you-can-read service that Marvel offers with its Unlimited service.