This year at Comic-Con, the secrets of Westeros will be hidden in plain sight—and you don’t have to be a three-eyed raven to see ’em. HBO has decided to celebrate the arrival of winter in the middle of July (in sunny San Diego, California, no less) by bringing an epically sized, Game of Thrones-themed scavenger hunt to the convention. Cosplayers and the casually dressed alike that are hanging around the convention floor will be able to compete for a pretty killer prize pack, simply by tracking down—and taking photos with!—some of the myriad Thrones-related items littering the place.
Because unlike overthrowing a ruling house and preparing for the undead’s seizure of the land of the living, this Game of Thrones journey is pretty easy. Some of the tasks/things you must take a photo of/with on the list include:
- Finding the Night King bust and taking a picture with it.
- Convince you or someone you know to embody winter and wear the Night King mask.
- Pose in front of the MEY for Game of Thrones jewelry display case at the Hall of Faces Experience.
- Honor the memory of the dude who started it all—Robert Baratheon—by trying on his (former) crown.
- Pretend you’re sending a raven with the Game of Thrones sigil stationary set.
- Take a photo with the Game of Thrones edition of CLUE.
And the best part? On July 23, the first 15 fans who complete these and the remaining tasks (which are explained in the photo below) will win the SDCC Prize Pack. So plan accordingly, Con attendees—the song of ice and fire is an experiential one, full of prizes, and potential death (okay, so maybe that last one is a bit of a stretch from the real world, but still)!
Are you going to participant in the Thrones hunt? Let us know in the comments below.
And since we’re here—our predictions for season 7![brightcove video_id=”5014818294001″ brightcove_account_id=”3653334524001″ brightcove_player_id=”2bfa565b-5412-4cfd-9211-6269880b8a5e”]