The Worst Thing That Ever Happened To Friday

Editor’s Note 7/11/2014: Ya been had!! Happy Friday.

It’s not a good sign when I have to introduce a post with an apology, but I am sorry. This song ruined my weekend, and I guess I didn’t know any other way to cope with the trauma than sharing it with all of you. There really is not much else to say. I think the worst part of the song is a five-way tie between the lyrics, music, video, Rebecca Black, and her friends. I am so so sorry:

Comments

1. Double R says:

The song is cringe inducing. But what can we expect from the POV of a 13-year-old? That’s about as much ‘fun,fun,fun,fun’ most of them can have at that age.

And is that song any worse than any other song about Friday? I started my teens after the disco era (Friday! Thank God It’s Friday! Friday!) and there are a lot of bad songs about Friday (and a few unnecessarily means one about Monday, too. “I don’t like Mondays…shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, the whole day down. With Election Day and 9/11 happening on Tuesdays, THAT day deserves a bullet or two.) and the weekend as well.

What do you expect when you grow up listening to Top 40 channels whose idea of fun is playing ‘Working for the Weekend’ and ‘Bang on De Drum’ at 5pm on a Friday afternoon for the umpteenth time?

2. Biff says:

I’ve never seen anything as bad as Firday. Nuff said.

3. Anthony says:

I didn’t think it was possible but, this song is actually worse than LFO – “Summer Girls”.

4. V says:

I can understand how Rebecca Black, being a teenager, probably thought this was , like, the most awsome thing EVAH! What I can’t understand is how there could be a producer out there who thought this song was so good it warranted a video. Whoever is responsible for afflicting the world with this abomination must be suffering from a full frontal lobotomy.

5. Shane says:

The Bob Dylan cover almost makes it worth it.

Almost.

6. Shane says:

Me
    Me
    Me
    So
    Nauseous.

7. Lucy says:

This can’t be any worse than Kim Kardashian’s song. I’m guessing.

8. m says:

This is the only song I believe that a teenage girl actually wrote, not like the others that have theirs “ghost written” by people who can think about things that aren’t going to happen in the immediate future.

But honestly, who hasn’t struggled with the epic question of “front seat back seat?” Without this pressing question we would not be blessed with the great car seat conquering game of SHOTGUN.

9. cory says:

You arsehole

10. Kevin says:

This song will haunt my dreams. Damn you Hardwick!

11. Bobby P says:

I want to laugh but i can’t. Its not funny its just so sad and bland. Jennifer Aniston would love it.
    She really must have a perfect life to not have anything to sing about other than her daily routine and what seat to sit it. She has as much flavor is tap water. I need to spread the malaise I’m feeling with the world. I’ve decided to make popsicles out of water and food coloring than hand them out to children. This is what you’ve made me do.

12. Neal Sorensen says:

And in a surprise “Favorite Game” style twist ending, the driver starts texting at the beginning of the video, crashes and they all die horrible, bloody deaths. Much better video.

13. Vincent says:

I don’t even blame this girl. I get it. Teenagers want to be pop stars. Who I really blame are her (presumably) wealthy parents for shelling out money for studio time and anybody who has ever worked on the development or advancement of autotune technology.

14. Josh K says:

If you make it to 2:30 you get to see the gratuidous black guy rap breakdown. HA! I love it! And maybe not sarcastically… No; sarcastically.

I do feel for the girl, though. Unless this was a gift for her “Super Sweet Sixteen!” from her “daddy”.

“Partyin’ Partyin’, YEAH! Fun fun fun fun.”

15. Jules says:

@Mark Warren –
    Sure she’s a kid, but anyone who has had to deal with teenagers knows how horribly pretentious they are. They’re cool and everyone else is not. Most of them want everything handed to them on a platter regardless of their talent. Little kids? Nah. They deserve a break. Teenagers, well, just by the very nature of their brains being all out of wack need to hear the truth. It’s better to do it now and let them rebuild their confidence in something they’re really good at than let them go on with a pipe dream that leaves them without any skills and working low-skilled, low-paying jobs for the rest of their lives. They’re much more resilient than you give them credit for being.

16. Jules says:

1 minute 36 seconds was all I could take! Wow! This is what comes from everyone being special! I’m sure she has some wonderful talents, but singing isn’t one of them. And the blue eye shadow! Really?!? Didn’t she learn anything from the mistakes of my generation? NO. Obviously not. She got her 15 seconds, I hope it was worth it!

17. Tyler says:

Whoa… Her voice can’t really be that annoying, can it?

18. Mark Warren says:

Wow, she’s just a kid. It may not be the greatest but as adults there are better things we can be making fun of. Whats next busting into a 3rd grade class and making fun of how crappy their penmanship is?

19. Simon says:

As an Englishman I was completely unaware of this person, so thanks for putting it up on the site. Ignorance truly is Bliss.

20. Rodero says:

And I was like
    Friday, Friday, Friday ohhh
    Like Friday, Friday, Friday noo
    Like Friday, Friday, Friday ohh
    I thought you’d always be mine. mine

21. Rodero says:

Wow. Makes me want to dance … in the same motion for 5 minutes straight. head-tilt left, head tilt right, head-tilt left, head tilt right. ahh, havin fun now.

22. Erick says:

Where’s the palate cleanser on that video.

23. Beau says:

“Gotta have my bowl”?? She’s obviously a stoner.

FRIEEYY-DAY FRIEEYY-DAEEY. Music is dying

24. Nathaniel H. says:

Wow, I can’t believe I just watched all of that. However, instead of the obvious comments, I’ll just give it props for one thing: using surprisingly average, “real” people for extras instead of made-up “beautiful” people. Side note: I am not convinced anyone in that car is old enough to drive.

25. Wm. (Spacezombie) says:

Yeah, it’s awful, but the whole thing is worth it just for Abbey’s comment.

26. Dano says:

Re: Louis…it would be sweet if this video ended with that aforementioned accident!! Ohh, the humanity….. And I only made it to 24 seconds.

27. Louis says:

This is almost poetic.

It’s like watching an accident.

It’s so horrible, but you just can’t look away.

28. Devo says:

How long did it take everybody to stop this abomination?
    I made it to 1:30.

29. Kat Carothers says:

Vomit! What a horrible horrible thing to do to a young girl! She may be ok with all this now, but in a year all the other little girls are going to realize she’s shite and she will never live it down. Just Horrible.

30. Lance says:

Why Chris, why you gotta hurt us like that?

31. Eric says:

I don’t know what’s worse… finding out Wil Wheaton’s blocked you on Twitter or watching this. Worst. Monday. … wait for it… Evah!

32. Stephen says:

Surely this was a joke? Nobody was nice enough to tell this girl how horrible this is?

33. Carlos says:

I had to watch this on a Monday. I am not looking forward to Friday, thanks.