Like waking up covered in orange marmalade and spiders, holiday shopping is a total nightmare. Hordes of crazed shoppers swarm big box stores and local malls, their eyes bloodshot after staying up all night sniffing out deals. If you want to leave this capitalist Thunderdome in one piece, you need a game plan. That’s where we come in. Let us be your the Tenzing Norgay to your Sir Edmund Hillary when it comes to navigating the swirling mall-based maelstrom of Black Friday shopping.
Best Buy is giving you a chance to snag some of their deals early if you sign up for a free MyBestBuy account. Some choice selections include Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate for $34.99, $100 off an Apple Watch, a 50″ HDTV for $300, and a 60″ 4K UHD TV for $800.
Amazon is running Black Friday Deals all week long, with 50% off all of Ian Fleming’s James Bond books, Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery for $74.99, Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection for $59.96, Blue Yeti USB Microphones for $110.90 (perfect for podcasting), especially great discounts on video games.
Here are some of their choice offerings:
- Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition (PS4, Xbox One): $14.99
- Grand Theft Auto 5 (PC): $39.99
- Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin (PS4, Xbox One): $19.99
- Guitar Hero Live 2-guitar bundle pack (PS4, Wii U): $110.00
- Bloodborne (PS4): $19.99
- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS): $24.99
- Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (PS4, Xbox One): $29.99
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (PC): $20
- BioShock Collection (BioShock, BioShock 2 and BioShock Infinite) (PC): $13.99
- Outlast (PC): $4.99
- The Walking Dead: Season Two (PS4, Xbox One): $16.99
- Alien: Isolation (PS4, Xbox One): $16.99
- Star Wars Battlefront Amazon-exclusive Steelbook (PS4): $59.99
- Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX (Nintendo 3DS): $29.99
- Until Dawn (PS4): $29.99
- Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection (PS4): $29.99
Target is running an awesome special on board games right now — buy two, get the third free. Personally, I recommend picking up a copy of Pandemic, Ticket to Ride, and Settlers of Catan. It’s like the perfect geeky board game starter kit. Now if only they’d add Ben Wyatt’s masterpiece…
Newegg has oodles of deals for the tech wizards and gearheads in your life, especially for one who is building a custom gaming PC (maybe so they can experience all these Fallout 4 mods).
Here are a few of the best ones:
- Self-Balancing Electric Scooter Hoverboard for $250
- Intel Core i7-4790K Processor with 3 free games for $299.99
- EVGA GeForce GTX 970 graphics card with either Rainbow Six: Siege or Assassin’s Creed: Syndicate for $299.99
- CoolerMaster 120mm Silent Fans for $29.99
Addicted to Heroes of the Storm? Blizzard wants to help you scratch that itch, so from November 24 until December 8, they are offering a 50% discount on ever hero, mount, and skin in the game. Please note that this only applies to real money purchases, rather than in-game gold. But if you want to earn more in-game gold, Blizzard added a 360-day stimpak option, which will boost your experience and gold gain for damn near an entire year.
What are you going to pick up this Black Friday and Cyber Monday? Got some good deals we missed? Share with us in the comments below.