After tonight’s episode, all of The Vampire Diaries‘ remaining core relationships will never be the same.
In both the present day storyline and the flash forward future storyline happening three years in the future, major game-changing events happen that will leave fans with their jaws on the floor. Yes, we’re talking about Steroline, but we’re also talking about a few other relationships that we can’t even spoil which characters we’re talking about! Prepare yourselves for one roller coaster of an hour.
So that’s why we went straight to The Vampire Diaries boss herself, Caroline Dries, for a little teaser to hold you over until tonight.
“The biggest tease from the episode is Stefan learns a bombshell from his past as we start to understand the depths of Valerie’s resentment,” Dries told Nerdist after screening the episode in advance. “And it will cause a problem in Caroline and Stefan’s relationship.”
Sorry Steroline fans, but she’s not exaggerating. Not even a little bit. The fan-favorite couple may start off the episode in romantic bliss (save that while you can), but over the course of the hour, things take a turn for the much, much worse.
But that’s not all we learned from watching the episode early and speaking with Dries! Here are seven other spoilers from the game-changing episode, “Live Through This.”
- The flash forward storyline for this week will show where Bonnie is three years from now. It’s emotional, it’s wrought with tension, and the final shot will make you scream, either in happiness or shock or even anger, depending on how you feel about another character on this show.
- Stefan and Caroline’s “morning after” their first night together is hilarious, for no other reason than Caroline being Caroline and Stefan knowing her too well. This is probably one of the cutest scenes we’ve seen all season long. Steroline fans, get ready to GIF!
- The Phoenix stone did work in waking up both Oscar and Jo, but there’s a twist in the mythology of the stone that is so dang smart, you once again will be reminded why you keep coming back to this show seven seasons later.
- But why the writers insist on heaping more drama on Alaric is a question that will never be answered. Poor, poor Alaric.
- “A fun bicker-fest between Bonnie and Enzo will end in a major surprise for the audience,” Dries reveals.
- Something we thought we’d never see: Damon playing couples counselor for Stefan and … Valerie?! Yeah, you read that right. Expect this odd trio to spend most of the episode together, working towards making sure Lily never finds Julian.
- While we learned that Alaric has two twin daughters in the flash forward storyline last week, we won’t get answers as to who their mother is until next week. “In the teaser of the next episode, you’re going to get some pretty good info,” Dries says. “So don’t come in late to that episode.”
Images: The CW
The Vampire Diaries airs Thursdays at 8 p.m. on The CW.