Tom Lennon

The Nerdist Podcast: Now A Thing!

Yes, my abject narcissism has convinced me to do a podcast and I’ve recruited Web Soup scribe Jonah Ray & Mac Nerd Matt Mira to join my merry podcasting band. There’s no real structure to it yet so we’re just kind of dicking around, having fun. I hope you like it!

The inaugural podcast welcomes Tom Lennon (The State, Reno 911), Señor Aboleto (aka Tom and his Casio DG10) delivers a theme song, Jonah sounds far away and Matt likes the Dave Matthews Band.

SIDENOTE: I need to get some “P” popping screens for the cardiod mics. I’m aware of this now! Also, Jonah’s mic might be faulty so that’s why he sounds like a distant spectre. It’s the first one, people! Bug fixes and updates next week!

1. bagpouch says:

I made a transcript of this episode if anyone is interested.

2. Erin says:

So awesome that I’m listening to this in Carson City, NV right now. Can’t disagree with anything said, and thank you for saying “Nevada” correctly.

P.S. We don’t celebrate Halloween the day after, we celebrate Nevada Day on Halloween because that was the day the state was admitted to the Union. Just in case anyone gave a crap.

3. James says:

Man, I really want to like this podcast, but the tranny bit was just a little too tasteless for me. That’s like saying “that’s gay” or calling someone a “retard”. You just don’t use that word like that anymore.

4. Josh says:

(cont. from Episode 8) I made it! Holy stromboli I made it! Praise all that is GOOD and HOLY!!! A journey to the other side of the comment thread, a place where time stands to reason and space plucks away at our heart strings with ill will, where bygones and woe bygones eat side by side at the breakfast buffet of life, eggs and hash browns, every day, and they just smear it on each others faces… their pimply, oily faces.

*ahem* anyway, I want to thank my mom, my dad, my wife, my lord (meaning, wife), my ruler and master (=wife), my princess (wife), my queen (wife), my one and only (wife), my manager (wife), my confidant (wife), and my agent (cousin Harold). Without them, well, this journey might never have happened.

Thank you also Chris, and Matt, and Jonah, and diet coke, and Legendary Entertainment (you’ll see, you’ll see!), and Stephen Hawking, and the Higgs Boson, and palm trees and…

Oh, and also, thank you India. Thank you terror. Thank you disillusionment. Thank you frailty. Thank you consequence. Thank you thank you–

Holy crap @Josh enough already!

5. Daniel says:

I love the references to Strange Brew!!!

6. Todd says:

I loved the Onion Movie

7. John says:

Hey Chris,
    Just listened to all of your podcasts and they’re great. Love listening. Do you have a new shirt coming out soon? I’ve been trying to buy one for a few weeks now…

Loved the TV show BBCA!

8. WesFX says:

Hooray! New site format makes it so easy to find first episodes.

9. Andrew says:

I am a faithful listener of your podcast. But recently stitcher has dropped it from the line-up.

10. Hello,

My name is Alex and I am with Iconosys Inc. We are a mobile app developer for smartphones.

I wanted to talk with you about building a mobile app for your website/podcast. I have noticed that many other podcasts are starting to build apps, such as Adam Carolla, Joe Rogan, This American Life. I thought it would be a great idea for you to build one as well.

My company has built over 600 apps and are one of the largest app houses in the country. We have been featured on Saturday Night Live, Wall Street Journal, Forbes Magazine, NY Times, Good Morning America, etc.

I would love to have a quick conversation with you and my CEO Wayne Irving who is the founder for about building you an app.

Let me know what you think.

Alex Vom Steeg

11. Andrew R says:

Just for laughs Show, you keep saying Friday 29 but my ticket says Thursday. I guess 5 mins to midnight is still Thursday night!

12. Don Rockbrune says:

Hey, I’ve been listening to the podcast for a while. Some the guests are well known to the general public but quite a few are not. Why not post a picture of them in behind podcast description page and add a quite link to wiki type bio for people like me. Liking the podcast.

13. James Boman says:

Hi, i love the podcasts and i’d write a whole lot more but my keyboard broke and i’m using the on-screen one! Basically i’d love to hear your opinion on the latest Gorillaz album (the fall), recorded entirely using an iPad. I know how much praise the iPad gets on the show :)

thank you.

14. Julie says:

I just wanted to say thanks for doing the podcast. I have been listening since the beginning and I download apps and songs, started to watch new shows, bought books and now even lost weight because of this podcast. Thanks for getting me to work in the mornings too. I want to thank you all in no particular order because I know you keep track of that kind of stuff :)

We watch Dr Who as a family and I thought you would think it’s funny that somewhere there is a little 8 year old girl in her clay class talking to another 8 year girl about Dr Who. Guess who made a Tardis for her father for Father’s Day last year?

Thank you so much for everything!

15. Maria Rierson says:

Hey nerdist guys! My name is Maria and I am an avid fan. I do however have a small bone to pick with Mister Hardwick. I attended wonderful this weekend and I was completely jazzed about you being there Saturday for a signing. All day I checked in at the booth to see when I should get in line to see you. When the line finally started and I promptly joined it, I was informed that I was supposed to have a wristband if I wanted to see you. I don’t know how when or where this happened since it was never mentioned in the program. I never got to meet you and I was immensely disappointed. I suppose I’m just trying to say that maybe there should be a bit more order to it next time. In any case I love all of you guys nonetheless.
    Enjoy your burito!