Episode 94: The Indoor Kids
We Finish the Swans and…
The Indoor KidsThe Indoor Kids

The Indoor Kids #94: We Finish the Swans and More Bioshock

Please enjoy this hodgepodge episode, pulled together from multiple podcasting expeditions. In it, you’ll hear video game news talk, TV show talk, discussion of games we’re playing now, an interview with Max and Ben, two of the guys responsible for the indie hit Unfinished Swan, a Twitter game, and, at the end of the episode, a spoilery Bioshock wrap up with Matthew Burnside. Enjoy!

Games Discussed

Corrypt, Kachina
Adventure Time

TV Shows Discussed

Game of Thrones
Hannibal

Buy Indoor Kids merch!

Follow @matthewburnside on Twitter!

Follow @indoorkids, @kumailn, and @thegynomite on Twitter! And email us at theindoorkidspodcast@gmail.com!

Comments

1. Spencer says:

Emily and Kumail thank you for telling me about Hannibal, I marathon watched it OnDemand today

2. Hai Nguyen says:

About the Bioshock DLC theories. Do you think it may be that you play as Booker DeWitt from a different universe? Specifically the one who meets Daisy Fitzroy, and does things in this universe, who leaves voxophones that you later find in the main missions.

Also, what was your take on Preston E. Downs? You never meet him in-game, but he seems like a pretty flushed out character, whom I would think would be great in the DLC for Bioshock.

3. Bryan says:

Wait…wasn’t The Shivering Isles DLC in Elder Scrolls IV a new area?

4. Illusion-XIII says:

Holy Crap, Max just shouted out the West End Star Wars RPG. I’ve been GMing that edition for over a decade (never bothered with the 3rd and subsequent versions. D6 forever!). I would wrestle a Bantha to have a creative mind like his in my game (or to play in a campaign he created.. wait, I don’t know which would be better). Anyway, so awesome to find another fan of the best version of that game, hands down.

5. Xeroz says:

Quick Question:
    How do you feel about the ‘always online’ feature that’s being talked about in the next-gen consoles possibly ‘entirely’ doing away with the ability to play imported games?
    Unless, (like in the old days) you purchase and import a console. But, even in that case, if it’s an ‘always (has to be) online console’ that’ll completely eliminate even the possibility of (sort-of) legally playing official imported releases.

6. Xeroz says:

@thegynomite,
    How long ago did you read the books?
    Before or after there was talk of it being made into a TV series?
    Just a curious fellow GRRM fan.

7. Alec says:

So on the latest Thrilling Adventure Hour episode, they talked about Kumail playing an Adventurekateer. Is this just something that’s planned, or did it already happen and then get placed in the backlog between live performance and podcast?

8. Oilslick 2.0 says:

Emily, Michael Bien played Kyle Reece in Terminator. Not John Connor. *Pants heavily while pushing glasses up bridge of nose*

9. ItsAlrightPodcast says:

Kumail! Sly Cooper=great platformer for Vita, man! Clever & pretty funny, it is :)

10. michael says:

i think that super mario 3d land is a great 3ds platformer – CHECK IT OUT!

11. Ani says:

kumail please sing forever.

Cutest podcast couple ever? Yeah!

Hey Emily! You should try Scribblenauts Unlimited for the iPad! It’s really fun. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK4Bd0iHuVs

12. Emily says:

Guys, there is absolutely NO Bioshock talk until the last 7 minutes of the podcast, and we give fair warning. Listen away!

13. Joshua Bryan Hammack says:

I am going to have to echo #novaseason. 2 weeks in a row of missing Indoor Kids. I have no idea how close I am to the end… I am trying to savor it.

I miss Kumail and Emily.

14. novaseason says:

I can’t listen for two weeks in a row. :( (’cause I don’t want to ruin bioshock) I better go get Bioshock. Miss your show!