Episode 70: The Indoor Kids
Everything Bond with Mira,…
The Indoor KidsThe Indoor Kids

The Indoor Kids #70: Everything Bond with Mira, Matt Mira

This week Matt Mira (Attack of the Show, Nerdist podcast, duh) joins Kumail and Emily to discuss the Star Wars/Disney news, the upcoming Skyfall, and every single Bond game that Matt has played, which is a lot.

Look for Emily’s show, Love in the Time of Robots, starting Monday night at 10pm EST/7pm PST!

NYC listeners! Come see The Meltdown at The Gramercy Theatre November 8th!

Follow @indoorkids, @kumailn, and @thegynomite on Twitter! And email us at!

Support the show by clicking on the banner and shop at!

1. Anders says:

NVM, I just overlooked it. It’s there, I apologize!

2. Anders says:

Why are you guys deleting negative comments? I posted one about how I found this podcast to be a mess, and now it’s gone….

3. Matt says:

Ha ha, I’m glad you guys touched on the Batman/Bond parallels. I just put it together last night at Skyfall’s midnight showing.

4. Frank says:

I’m listening to you OUTSIDE, RIGHT NOW.

5. Nick says:

First movie walked out of: Wild Wild West. It’s especially sad knowing that Will Smith turned down the Matrix (Morpheus) to play some cowboy in steampunk-world. Terrible!

6. stephen says:

Nerds! This is relevant to your interests:
    Amusing Quantum of Solace song (Adam and Joe are worth some of your time, especially if you like obscure British humour)

7. Neil says:

Guys just wondering does the amazon sponsor banner work if you change the location to the uk website after you click on it ?

8. Anders says:

First time I have listened to The Indoor Kids, and will most likley be the last.

Never before have I come across such a mess of a podcast. I would expect them to walk through all the 007 movies, but no. Instead we get 30 minutes of just rambling, then just random mentions of different 007 movies.

Everyone was interrupting each other, while others attempting (poorly) at throwing out jokes in the background etc.

Was a train wreck.

9. Alec says:

Here’s hoping Emily’s secret podcast is an Indoor Kids/JV Club mashup episode.

10. Shane says:

I’m with Matt, Gina Davis from A League of Their Own is pretty near the top of my list too.

11. Tommy says:

LOL what Kumail said about Indian movies is so true!! Don and the remake are my fav’s!!

12. Paul says:

*Warning* The following opinion is likely to upset some readers. But it is just that… an opinion. Feel free to not read any further.

I remember adoring this podcast when I first started listening to it. A podcast about video games and people who play them? Yes please!!! Though I realize they never set out to make it all about video games, at least the earlier episodes were mostly about the games. Several of the recent episodes seem too much like any other comedy podcast, with a very brief discussion about video games mixed in. Now don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge fan of Kumail and Emily. The guests are always fun and interesting. I will probably listen to this podcast until they decide to call it quits. I just miss when it was more about video games, since that’s why I became an avid fan in the first place.

Much like G4’s Attack of the Show and X-Play, I feel oddly cheated for continuing to tune in every week, when the show has started to stray so much from what made me love them in the first place. Those shows started making major changes to their format, when there was nothing wrong with them in the first place (again, just my opinion). But I digress. I realize change can be a good thing, and I have to accept that I can’t always get what I want; especially when it’s being offered to me for free. I honestly rarely feel the need to comment on things like this, but something in me just needed to get this off my chest. For those who read this, and don’t feel the need to rip me a new one, thanks for listening.

13. @Kumail: To answer your question that Matt instinctually answered incorrectly, the singer who sang on that recording of “Good Sign, Bad Sign” was Monty Norman himself. He made an album around 2005-ish called “Completing the Circle,” with “Good Sign, Bad Sign” immediatly followed on the album by “James Bond Theme” and “Dum Di-Di Dum Dum.”

14. ablestmage says:

Matt seriously needs his own show. I know he’s on the main podcast, but most of the other chumps on that are pretty annoying. He could do something like this episode where he just yammers about random stream-of-consciousness topics, what is your favorite whatever really random trivia you’d never expect. If there is anything Matt is in, I am like SO WATCHING(etc) THAT immediately.

15. Joe says:

I’m bad and that’s good.
    I’ll never be good and that’s not bad.
    There’s nobody I’d rather be
    than me.

16. Matt Romlee says:

Deficit reduction through a tax on misuse of the word “literally”! VOTE ROMLEE!

17. I’m trying to think about the first movie U saw where I consciensly said “Wow, that sucked.” And I really can’t. I think the closest I have is Order of the Phoenix, the only HP movie I walked out thinking “I don’t know if I liked that” and made me go into future movies with the mindset “This is going to be the worst movie ever.”

That said, I see Dark Shadows and thought “That kindof sucked.”

NOTE: Right before I hit “Publish”, I remembered that my dad took me, my brother, and my mother too The Animal when I was 9 and thinking “Wow! This sucks!”

18. KM says:

Fine, the laser thing sucks. Please never say EVER again. :(

19. MattMira says:

Hey @KM if you want to defend the laser cannon/tank, we can’t be friends…. EVER.

20. Tommy says:

Context of the Good Sign, Bad sign song…..In the west Indian culture a lot of us are mixed with black, Chinese, Indian and Portuguese that’s why he is mentioning all the different ethinic groups. He’s saying EVERYONE on the island is talking about him. This song is based out of Trinidad. The guy in the song is singing about some of the nonsense island superstition and exposing them. Great song!!

21. KM says:

Legends is bad, but in its defense.. there is a laser cannon in the film during the attack, they use it to get through the armored door. So it makes perfect sense for the game to use it.

22. Amanda says:

Matt Mira’s laugh makes me warm and fuzzy inside.

23. Nick Bushnell says:

You had me at McFlurry, shaken not stirred

24. Wendy says:

first movie I hated was Independence Day. Movies should not make you angry.

25. amysrevenge says:

Off topic I guess, but I started up a game of the 90s PC classic XCOM Ufo Defense on the weekend, and I named all of my soldiers after people with podcasts hosted on Nerdist, and Kumail is the one who was promoted to Colonel (Matt and Pete Holmes are the Captains). Chris Hardwick keeps getting killed – I’m up to squaddie Chris Hardwick IV.

26. erratic gorilla says:

Great episode! Matt is clearly a huge Bond fan and is very excited to get into detail, I love it! There’s literally no better guest to talk to about 007 and his games.
    Back in high school I did my Senior English project on James Bond and actually quoted the Plenty O’Toole line in class. So very long ago.

Also, the two of you, Matt, and Pete seeing Wreck It Ralph together (then shopping for video games after) kind of melts my brain.
    That’s all, love you guys!

27. Pedak says:

Although I download every Indoor Kids, when I saw Matt’s name, I downloaded this episode so hard I think I it might be pregnant!