The Indoor Kids #132: News and Religion with Kumail and Emily
Episode 132: The Indoor Kids
News and Religion with…
The Indoor KidsThe Indoor Kids

The Indoor Kids #132: News and Religion with Kumail and Emily

Another week of travel, another hosty episode! This week, Kumail and Emily talk about all the news that’s fit to discuss, plus talk about some of the world’s best/worst religious video games through the ages. Enjoy the last episode done from a hotel bed for a while!

GAMES:
Super Mario 3D World, The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, The Last of Us, Nightmare Busters, Super 3D Noah’s Ark, Under Siege, Al-Quraysh, The Shivah, Bible Adventures, King of Kings: The Early Years, Left Behind, The Bible Game, Catechumen, Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Aladdin, KOTOR, Mass Effect, MediEvil, Bubble Bobble, Assassin’s Creed 4

MOVIES:
Dungeons & Dragons, In the Name of the King: A Dungeon Siege Tale, Magic: The Gathering, Under Siege, Half Past Dead, Out For Justice, On Deadly Ground, Prince of Central Park, Above the Law, Executive Decision, Exit Wounds, Under Siege 2, Unstoppable

Art by John R. Smith, aka @VoxtheDevil

Tour dates for Kumail, Jonah and Emily in January and February!

Buy Indoor Kids merch!

Follow @matthewburnside on Twitter!

Follow @indoorkids@kumailn, and @thegynomite on Twitter! And email us at theindoorkidspodcast@gmail.com!

Comments

1. Desouza says:

Clearly late for this, but I gotta say mtg has a straight assload of books, so clearly there is some story there.

2. Colossus Prime says:

Late to the party, but what the hell. I actually had Bible Adventures and there is fighting, especially in David and Goliath where you have a sling and rocks. The goal was indeed to transport sheep from one side of the level to another but there were guards blocking the way so you had to strategically drop the sheep (if you couldn’t get around the guards) somewhere so they wouldn’t run too far away. And at the end of the last level you do indeed fight Goliath. I know there was a certain level of fighting in the other two but I can’t remember how it worked.

Not saying it was a great game or anything, just throwing that bit out there. :)

3. Mailh20 says:

actually there is a very involved story in MTG. Full of Different characters and lands

4. PandaMachine0 says:

To late to get in on the Spiritual Warfare beatdown? One of my greatest gaming accomplishments: I got FOUR apples. Oh yeah, four of ’em. Three grapes, too.

5. masterojack says:

how could you miss spiritual warfare? NES bible goodness, complete Zelda rip-off. And so bad haha

6. GooseGanja says:

Wtf … posts have like a 2 hiccup … it threw me off sry.

7. GooseGanja says:

So … if I post anything negative in here it gets taken down? Way to loose a listner guys … wtf.

8. GooseGanja says:

Btw … thats my feelings and if you read that Emily … keep it up n just cuz i don’t agree with u on a few things, don’t think ill stop listening.

9. GooseGanja says:

DeezNutz … I agree with alot of what you said. I love the show and I love Kumail and Emily … but sometimes Emily with say a few things out of nowhere that makes her sound straight returded. One thing she said was she was tired of seeing “brown people” portrayed as being bad guys in the media. First off the game she was referring to was made and targeted for Middle Eastern gamers, so it only makes sense that the majority of characters in the game we’re of a brown color. Secondly are you trying to let us believe that out of all the races in this world there are and equal number of people in each? Does Emily consider a Russian man and a South Korean man to be white? Love you Emily but nobody tunes in to her bleeding heart political views. I never make negative comments about my favorite podcast but i couldnt not with that one. Based on comments from other listners im not alone in that feeling.

10. DEEZNUTZ says:

I had this Podcast on my phone and was debating on keeping it in my library. Thankfully Emily proved how brilliant she is by calling Steven Seagal a racist because he cared about immigration. I guess for her anyone who doesn’t live in her left-wing la la land is a racist or hates gay people. I suppose she thinks if a million caucasian Germans came over here and started taking advantages of your basic services, stealing them from the American families they are intended for, then the right-wingers would be ok with it. It’s not about race, its about doing it the right way, becoming a citizen. All you need to do is look at the faces of those who come out of American courthouses after being naturalized and you will understand. Thanks for helping me get you off my phone E.

11. Josh says:

I hope the magic movie works out.
    Based on the game itself, there is actually a lot of back story and many characters built into it already.

Magic is one of those games that, when you do not know how to play or only know of it based on the persona of the stereotypical card shop kid……it does seem awfully uninteresting and rather dorky.

I wasn’t interested, until I had a chance to play it.
    The learning curve is fairly steep, due to the game’s structure and a myriad of game mechanics……but once you get past your training wheels……

Magic the Gathering is actually one of the games I’ve had most fun with.
    It’s fun, complex, deep, engrossing, and wonderfully different every time you play someone.

I’ve never really had a card game or board game really grab my interest as much as Magic has.

I would suggest cutting your teeth on the Magic game available on the consoles, and/or tablets.
    It’s a bit slow, but a great introduction to the world of Magic.

12. D says:

Awesome show and awesome performance in Philadelphia on Saturday night.

13. Al says:

These graphic headers are the jam!

14. clivodimars says:

Kirk Cameron made me question my Christianity when I saw his tv show. For real. It was a crisis moment. This led me to my own ideas instead of just buying everything I heard because im “going to hell” so…thank you Kirk Cameron? On the rapture…in revelations the rapture happens people still deny it happened and follow the anti christ which is why you convert in that game I guess. You can still go to heaven after the rapture happens but before Jesus comes back to defeat the devil. The one world government is a SIGN of the apocalypse hence why they dont like it.

15. Marcus says:

Sir, I think you meant Tragic: The Garnering

16. Alec says:

In other news, this has been circulating: http://pastebin.com/vec6vjv5

Paying Machinima partners to mention the Xbone and its games positively, feature gameplay footage and throw in a dumb hashtag– how could it go wrong? Well, forbidding them from saying that they were being paid to insert the content, I guess.

17. Mark says:

My game to play again would definitely be Mass Effect, the first one blew my mind at the scope of it. The story was so engaging and the world so fun to explore. I loved games like Goldeneye as a kid, but looking back now they seem fun but a bit crap – games like Mass Effect, Bioshock etc. still hold up.

18. Fartbooty says:

I owned a Christian Bible game called Spiritual Warfare Armor of God or something like that ( I think that was the name pretty sure ) for Gameboy and dat shit was whack son it was kinda like Zelda but shitty as fuq