The Indoor Kids #127: Better Late than Mira with Matt Mira
Episode 127: The Indoor Kids
Better Late than Mira with…
The Indoor KidsThe Indoor Kids

The Indoor Kids #127: Better Late than Mira with Matt Mira

This week, Kumail and Emily discuss VGX and the games they’re playing now while they wait for Matt Mira, who wants to talk mainly about Batman and Bar Rescue. It’s a blast.

Also, there is a spoiler about the ending of GTA V at 57:30-01:00:10 of which we warn you. Be aware.

GAMES: Borderlands, GTA V, BioShock Infinite, Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag, NBA 2K14, Gone Home, Ni No Kuni, Forza 5, Injustice, Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon, Brothers, The Last of Us, Super Mario 3D World, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Destiny, Tom Clancy: The Division, Tales From The Borderlands, Game of Thrones, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Tearaway, WWE 2K14, Batman: Arkham Origins, Tiger Woods

MOVIES: The Star Wars, The Columbian, Léon, Silence of the Lambs, Zodiac, SEVEN, Summer of Sam, The Pledge

TV SHOWS: The Flower Deranger, Teletubbies, Bar Rescue, Hannibal, #1 Single, @Midnight

WEB SHOWS: VGX

MUSIC: Cage The Elephant, Eric Clapton, AC/DC

APPS: Kitten Weather

SOAP: Artisan soaps

Get tickets to Kumail’s show in North Carolina!

Buy Indoor Kids merch!

Follow @matthewburnside on Twitter!

Follow @indoorkids@kumailn, and @thegynomite on Twitter! And email us at theindoorkidspodcast@gmail.com!

Comments

1. Ashlee says:

gta v pc download no survey no password

2. Moe says:

A Cowboys vs Aliens DLC for Red Dead Redemption, featuring Ronald Reagan….wait for it.
    Ronald Raygun!

Kill me now.

3. BC says:

joel did what he does best, mercilessly mock everything (Just like he does on the soup). Other than the teleprompter fumbles, i think he did fine.

4. Ben Z says:

@Fartbooty You’re referencing Fandral, and he’s more Three Musketeers looking. However, Zachary Levi only played him in Thor: Dark World. In Thor, Fandral was played by Joshua Dallas, who then got his role on Once Upon A Time (which is my guess for why he didn’t play Fandral in TDW).

5. phil medoc says:

^ It’s almost like comedy can be used to shine a light on tragedy or something! Laughter is the best medicine, or some shit like that.

6. Link's Gooch says:

I always love you guy’s humor but I gotta say I was surprisingly disturbed by the eric clapton son tragic death banter. I’m NEVER the guy who gets all “internet offendy” but yikes guys. lol

7. Alec says:

That’s fine. Each episode will be recorded as if it’s the intro for last week’s show, but due to time constraints, had to be released later.

8. Daniel Swendson says:

I feel like at some point the amount and length of the intros are going to reach a critical mass and collapse into some kind of intro singularity that will consume the universe.

9. Leafyman says:

I know who you are BLASTER GIRL.

More mustard talk if you please.

10. phil medoc says:

I understand what Emily is saying BUT I did get pretty upset when Brokeback Mountain didn’t win Best Picture, losing to the Oscar-bait Crash.

11. Emily says:

What I meant to say about the Oscars, before we got off the topic, is that people don’t take it as a personal affront when the movies they love don’t win. People get upset, sure, but video games seem to inspire this very intense, one-on-one relationship with people feeling the need to die defending them. People love The Master, but they don’t take it personally when The Master didn’t win big.

12. Luke says:

People don’t get upset about the oscars? really emily? really?

13. Alec says:

If Matt gets any slimmer he’ll start looking like a Home Improvement-era Richard Karn.

Also, the VGX co-host was Geoff “Doritos Pope” Keighley.

14. Wildride says:

Terence Stamp (while not making people kneel before Zod) was the former chancellor that Amidala overthrew in favour of Palatine (good call!) in a way that makes no kind of sense. It’d be like if Queen Elizabeth just showed up at the UN one day and said, “Hey, I don’t like how you guys are doing things. How about you vote out whoever’s in charge and maybe replace him with someone from my country. There’s a good bunch of fellows.”

Hey, Lucas, way to say, “You know the stuff that Luke and Leia fought so hard for in the original trilogy? Well, they mightn’t have bothered because it was crap and irretrievably broken. Good luck!” See also, the Jedi are too stupid to live.

15. Andrew says:

Tell Matt to wear his seat belt Emily!

16. Andrew says:

Also, super-happy to hear Emmett Otter’s Jugband Christmas get a mention! Personally, I love the Muppet Family Christmas special. I still have the original taped off TV with the full slate of songs and the 80s commercials and all that good stuff. One of my favorite Christmas specials ever.

17. Andrew says:

Who else checked their cell phones at 0:32:09?

18. Dorf on Golf says:

Great serial killer movies: M, Psycho, Manhunter

19. Spencer says:

When Mira said the Walter Nigma thing I think he meant Walter Kovacs aka Rorschach from Watchmen

20. Chris says:

I found the shirt you were looking at for the TeeFury sponsor. It’s referencing the show Supernatural, with the characters of Crowley (a demon) and Castiel (an angel) being portrayed.

21. Nichole says:

“He’s like the Chris Hardwick of….”
    Chris Hardwick-things?

You guys should totally host the awards!! haha. Start the campaign! #IndoorKidsHost make it trend, y’alllllllll

I used to think the teletubbies were cute haha – the sun was a baby called Jessica. I remember the whole Tinky Winky conspiracy…people are ridic. If Tinky Winky wanted to be fab – he could be fab.

22. Fartbooty says:

When I get exited my butt throws up! Also Zachary Levi was in Tangled and is the Robin Hood lookin dude in the Thor movies!