Episode 102: The Indoor Kids
Nebulous Weiners with Blair …
The Indoor KidsThe Indoor Kids

The Indoor Kids #102: Nebulous Weiners with Blair Butler

Chronicles of Mistara, Far Cry 3, Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Batman: Arkham City, Skyrim, State of Decay, The Last Of Us, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil 4, Infamous: Second Son, Hitman, GTA, Revenge of Shinobi, Ghostbusters, Punisher, Mass Effect, XCOM

There’s a lot of talk about video games and movies in this episode, and we want you to be aware of some things you may consider spoilers within that discussion. Be warned:

**SPOILER ALERTS**

(21:00) – Teeny tiny Tomb Raider spoiler
(31:15) – A regular sized Tomb Raider spoiler
(33:50 – 48:15) – We talk about Man of Steel at length

TV:

Portlandia, Roseanne

MOVIES:

Clue, Man of Steel, Superman 2, The Fast and the Furious 6

COMICS:

Superman, Action Comics: What’s So Funny About Truth, Justice, & the American Way?, Heart

WEB SERIES:

Blair’s MSN series Nerdcore

Buy Indoor Kids merch!

Follow @matthewburnside on Twitter!

Follow @indoorkids, @kumailn, and @thegynomite on Twitter! And email us at theindoorkidspodcast@gmail.com!

Comments

1. zabudowa says:

Have you ever considered publishing an e-book or guest authoring on other blogs? I have a blog centered on the same ideas you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my visitors would enjoy your work. If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an email.

2. I have been exploring for a little bit for any high quality articles or blog posts on this sort of area . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this web site. Reading this info So i am satisfied to exhibit that I’ve an incredibly just right uncanny feeling I found out just what I needed. I so much indisputably will make sure to do not forget this web site and give it a look on a relentless basis.

3. zabudowa says:

In these days of austerity along with relative panic about having debt, most people balk against the idea of having a credit card to make purchase of merchandise or perhaps pay for a vacation, preferring, instead just to rely on the actual tried and also trusted technique of making payment – cash. However, if you possess the cash on hand to make the purchase in full, then, paradoxically, that’s the best time to be able to use the credit card for several good reasons.

4. targowa says:

Really enjoyed this update, how can I make is so that I receive an email when there is a new post?

5. obrazliwej says:

I used to be more than happy to seek out this web-site.I needed to thanks for your time for this wonderful read!! I definitely having fun with every little bit of it and I’ve you bookmarked to take a look at new stuff you weblog post.

6. I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your website. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme? Outstanding work!

7. Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all people you really understand what you’re speaking about! Bookmarked. Kindly also consult with my site =). We may have a hyperlink trade arrangement between us!

8. Sir_D says:

Blair is such an amazing guest! Every time I hear her I think Herzog voice and Skyrim. Her appearance did not disappoint. I introduced my daughter(10yr old) to Skyrim and she is collecting all the flowers now. Not long before she asks for tape, too, lol. Also, cannot wait to see the C.C. show. I’ve just finished studying for several days, finished my exams, and realized I listened to maybe 24-26 of your podcasts to keep me focused,lol. Love the dynamic of the show and all the work you put into this wonderful ear gold.

9. Spencer says:

Did anyone else see Emily in Tripping Out w/ Alie and Georgia?

10. JeffPeppers says:

RIP Mega Tom Waits 1937-2012.

11. Jonathan says:

I managed to eventually get past the helicopter mission in Ballad of Gay Tony where you shoot down the boats. But the mission that ties all the stories together is what stopped me. Shooting down two helicopters from a helicopter with impossible to aim weapons. I could see myself smashing my controller to pieces trying to get that done. No thank you.

12. Anthony Httr Pickett says:

I’M SO FUCKING TIRED OFF ALL THESE FAKE ASS SUpeRMAN FANS COMPLAINING ABOUT MAN OF STEEL.. LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT BLAIR U HAVE SUCH A BIG SPOT IN UR HEART FOR SUpERMAN 2 THEN U SAY SUPERMAN DOESN’T KILL? UM YOU MIGHT WANT TO GO REWATCH THE FUCKING MOVIE. SUPES DISABLES ZOdS POWERS THEN KILLS HIM. ALL U FAKE ASS FANS COMPLAINING NEED TO STFU and do research.

13. @Clay_57 says:

Wow! Kumail sounds like a “mean girl” with all the jealous shots at Henry Cavhill. Distracted me from the whole podcast….

14. Justin V. says:

The Superman story Blair is talking about is from Action #775 – http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Action_Comics_Vol_1_775

15. Tina says:

+10 for the Clue reference

I restarted State of Decay 3 times because I kept losing people. Eventually I got to the point where I had to be okay with losing people or shut the game off.

16. Hai Nguyen says:

@Emily, about State of Decay, about the loss of your dudes, if you really can’t handle it, you can just restart your game, like I did. Although you lose all your progress, you’ll now know more about the game, and how to limit your losses with the new game, just like when you restarted your game in X-Com.

To deal with infestations though, it’s best to bring a car with you. Honk your horn to draw them out and run em over. And although it goes against all your instincts, also bring and use a gun. Hoarding ammo and resources is a good idea if this were a real apocalypse, but not in this game.

It’s also a good idea to move your base when you get the chance to. The best location I’ve found is the that paper company in Marshal. (requires 12 people and 50 building supplies, has a built in storage area, sleeping area, watch tower, with 5 slots for other facilities that you can upgrade.

17. Jason says:

Dont worry Blair I feel ya.

I did the Oghma Infinium glitch, and leveled up to 83 in 20minutes. No shame in it. :)

18. NotMF says:

I stopped playing Skyrim months ago when I “finished” the main game, not including DLC. I say finished because I did everything imaginable in the pre-DLC world, all with a total of 250 hours of gameplay. I planned to buy all the DLC and pick it up again, but by the end I was so overpowered that it wasn’t fun/challenging anymore and I was dreading starting a whole new game. I had no idea you can get legendary skills now and essentially fill every skill tree, which now makes me really want to start playing again since I can change my whole playstyle without having to make a new character. This is great and yet terrible for my real life, lol

• Don’t forget you can change the difficulty of the game at any time. In the settings in the main menu, there is a slider to adjust difficulty, allowing you a floating system to tweak the challenge to your level.

19. Disregard my previous comment. I posted that before I listened further. She clearly knows her Skyrim

Personally, I am at 284 hours logged. Most gameplay of any video game ever. I have all the DLCs as well, and three different PCs I use to do the quests: my ‘main’ I roleplay as lawful good. He is an Imperial male, and he’s done the main questline, The Companion’s questline, bard’s college, dragonborn, Dawnguard (following the Dawnguard track), and all random sidequests that aren’t inherently evil or nefarious. I have a Dark Elf male I roleplay as chaotic evil, who I’ve done all the Dark Brotherhood, Thieve’s Guild, Daedric Quests, and Dawnguard (following the Vampire Lord track). I also have a Breton female I roleplay as true neutral, who is focused on the College of Winterhold, Bard’s College, and random quests. Oh, and I never fast travel. Roleplaying like a boss… So yeah, I think I have as much of a problem as Blair does.

20. Max says:

@Kumail: I have a few things I wanted to say.

1. Thank you Kumail, Emily, & everybody else for such a great podcast. I hope you guys keep doing this podcast for many more years to come.

2. You really have such good taste in things. I agree with you on Hannibal. It is such a great show. I know that Bryan Fuller (the Creator) has a 7 season plan & I really hope he is able to get there.

3. I have a question for you that has been nagging at me for awhile. Why don’t you ever mention Franklin & Bash on the podcast when you are promoting your stuff? Are you ashamed of the show or something? I for one love the show & I think you are really funny on the show. You are definitely the highlight of the show for me.

21. Aaron says:

Is Blair not aware of the change BGS made to Skyrim with the legendary skills? To help people level up, they can take their level 100 skills back to level 1, and get a “Legendary” icon next to that skill. It doesn’t really do much of anything except allow you to level up that skill again, thereby offering more opportunity to level up your character overall.

22. zee says:

Happy to hear are getting picked up, are gonna keep doing your show at meltdown or is it gonna move to another more film-able venue?

23. NotMF says:

I also grinded up to level 81 in Skyrim, and Block/Heavy Armor wasn’t too bad to go from like 15 to 100 because I smithed some crazy good armor and ran around some Giants while they wailed on me. The more damage you take/block, the faster you level up the skills. Thankfully I was paying for Destruction training up until 90 so that wasn’t too much of a pain.

24. NotMF says:

I’ve started watching Hannibal based on Kumail’s recommendations. Pretty damn good.

25. tomK says:

I was excited to listen to this, until I read there were Roseanne spoilers. Damn it.

26. Luke says:

Loved the ep. Love Blair Butler as a guest. She should be on way more often.

Also, if possible in the future, posting when the spoilers *stop* might actually be even more helpful than posting when they start.

27. Zombeast says:

I just realised that Petes impression of Kumail sounds exactly like stitch.