The holiday season is upon us, which means it’s time to flood our bloodstream with a steady supply of tryptophan, drink an alarming amount of eggnog, and enter the annual Nerdist holiday giveaway. But it also means that your supply of fall anime is rapidly dwindling! Thankfully, there’s a whole new slate of terrific-looking new series on the way, so now the question becomes one of what to watch. With a veritable smorgasbord of animated offerings, choosing the right show can be a daunting task. Fortunately, I’ve holed up in The Dan Cave furiously and fastidiously researching, and I have scientifically calculated the best possible new anime for you to watch this winter. (Warning: may not be real science.) From new favorites like One-Punch Man to familiar treats like Fairy Tail and beyond, there’s a little something for everyone.
What new anime are you most looking forward to watching? Let us know in the comments below!
Looking for something nifty this holiday season? Why not pick up a The Dan Cave t-shirt or a copy of my new Star Wars book? Otherwise, we have you covered with a variety of gift guides for every type of nerd in your life.
- The Movie Lover: everything from Studio Ghibli to Monty Python and beyond.
- The Music Nerd: Death Star speakers, Foo Fighters Christmas sweaters, and much more.
- The Gamer Geek: Limited edition PS4s, elite gaming headphones, and more.
- The Science Nerd: Neil deGrasse Tyson tees, miniature drones, and other science-y delights.
- The Comic Collector: The Sandman, The Walking Dead, The Sculptor, oh my!
- The TV Obsessive: Whovian cardigans, Iron Throne replicas, and box sets galore!
- The Star Wars Superfan: Everything you could want from the galaxy far, far away.