Physicists are currently testing whether human existence has been computer generated and we’re essentially living in The Matrix. I say that you need not go any further than irrationality in human behavior to prove that we’re not in a computer generated world; A bunch of people attempting to make some sort of funny video and achieving that goal would be pretty irrational behavior given the dominance of animal videos, right? Anyways, here are this week’s 5 Most Intentionally Funny Videos as evidence that you won’t have to try to unplug yourself:
1. Bill Murray, in honor of David Letterman’s 20th year hosting The Late Show, digs up a time capsule right on stage.
2. SuperEgo and Paul F. and Janie Haddad Tompkins do a wonderful parody of Boardwalk Empire‘s favorite disfigured hit man for Funny or Die.
3. Hannibal Buress tries to buy a bit from Al Madrigal, even though it technically might not work for Hannibal.
4. Comedy Central’s Roast of James Franco saw a wonderful dais that included the President of Hollywood, which is made pretty real by Bill Hader in a red track suit.
5. Comedian Mark Normand makes his own case to put an end to slut shaming that’s pretty funny whether you agree with it or not.
And in case you missed it, check out last week’s 5 MIFV.
Per usual, I’m taking submissions for the 5 MIFV every week like the many featured in the past. Same rules still apply. I love finding new, hilarious videos from people hundreds and thousands of miles away, so please do send your videos so long as they follow the rules below.
-E-mail embeddable video link to email@example.com with subject line “5 MIFV Submission”
-Submit by the end of the upcoming Monday (which would be 9/9)
-Videos must be posted online (i.e. have a time stamp that says so) between 9/3 and the end of Monday 9/9
-Don’t add any cover letters or explanations; please just send the link