The closing ceremony of the London Olympics was a rare glimpse into seeing something that’s unintentionally funny at the scale of millions of dollars and thousands of people involved as opposed to the general person getting in the genitals by any person, place, or thing. This week’s 5 Most Intentionally Funny Videos, like every week, certainly doesn’t have the budget or the star power of a Spice Girls reunion, but is meant to be and delivers on the funny in a way that even ironically re-watching Spice World couldn’t accomplish.
1. Matt Besser, one of the original members of the Upright Citizens Brigade, imparts his improv mastery to a master class in Inside The Master Class. Apparently, being the best improvisor requires delving into your sex life by having to make appointments to have sex and simultaneously discuss it with the group.
2. The hysterical Nick Turner gives an absolute spot-on depiction of what making a web series as the only survivor of the Apocalypse would be like, especially if you’re not a big reader.
3. Mike Birbiglia and Ira Glass are taking the term grassroots to whole new level as it applies to indie darling comedies like their Sleepwalk With Me. They’re going to not only be at several of the city premieres, but will be taking tickets and doing concessions(?).’
4. The Onion has produced their take on Antiques Roadshow, which ended up being Lake Dredge Appraisal, complete with people trying to gyp the host.
5. Comedians going head-to-head-to-head-to-head in a watermelon eating contest complete with gratuitous trash talking is which why you should watch this episode of The Compatish.
Per usual, I’m taking submissions for the 5 MIFV. Same rules still apply.
-E-mail embeddable video link to firstname.lastname@example.org
-Submit by the end of the upcoming Monday (which would be 8/20)
-Videos must be posted online (i.e. have a time stamp that says so) between 8/14 and the end of Monday 8/20
-Don’t add any cover letters or explanations; please just send the link.