With plane crashes, decapitated referees, force feeding, and more that you’ve happened upon watching this week, you probably want/need something to watch that’s pretty much the opposite of that just as a palate cleanser. This week’s 5 Most Intentionally Funny Videos hopefully will do that, as well as highlight some hilarious, well-deserved-to-be-watched online videos over the last 7 days.
1. Aussie comedian Claudia O’Doherty tries to explain what England is because she doesn’t really have an idea of what England is.
2. Austenland, the best way I can describe it, is a meta-Jane Austen romantic comedy wherein Jane Austen nerds, namely Keri Russell, are attempting to fall in love by going to a Jane Austen themed retreat. Here’s the trailer.
3. Conan O’Brien’s prop master Bill Tull gives some more budget holiday tips for this past 4th of July. Make sure you take notes on fireworks.
4. Submitted: You shouldn’t hit on women when they’re jogging, but you especially shouldn’t hit on women while they’re jogging like Dead Kevin does.
5. For the 4th of July, here’s a safety advisory from a surely qualified person in Rick Jablonski, “Seemingly Abusive Husband and Father.”
And in case you missed it, check out last week’s 5 MIFV.
Per usual, I’m taking submissions for the 5 MIFV every week like the one featured above. Same rules still apply. I love finding new, hilarious videos from people hundreds and thousands of miles away, so please do send your videos so long as they follow the rules below.
-E-mail embeddable video link to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “5 MIFV Submission”
-Submit by the end of the upcoming Monday (which would be 7/15)
-Videos must be posted online (i.e. have a time stamp that says so) between 7/9 and the end of Monday 7/15
-Don’t add any cover letters or explanations; please just send the link.