Rage, melancholy, confusion, and more are all sweeping the nation over the shootings in Newtown, CT. As always with The 5 Most Intentionally Funny Videos This Week, I’m not offering any answers or solutions to a horrific event, but only temporary distractions or much needed laughs if you need them AND are sick of seeing homemade pranks gone wrong or animal videos.
1. The incredibly funny Pete Holmes and Chris Thayer interview each other with one little catch: they both eat a raw habanero pepper right before.
2. Robert Smigel roasts Jimmy Fallon and The Roots on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon as his celebrated/infamous character Triumph the Insult Comic Dog.
3. Comedian Nick Turner exhibits his brilliant in-the-moment comedic prowess by doing his entire set about just locking his keys in his car right before went up to perform.
4. Conan O’Brien and his staff come up with the most pointless consumer product with the best ad ever: The Rublight.
5. Tommy Johnagin’s stand-up is proof, as shown in his latest late night set, that there is still plenty of gold to mine comedically out of talking about getting married and having a kid.
Per usual, I’m taking submissions for the 5 MIFV every week like the ones we have featured in the past. Same rules still apply.
-E-mail embeddable video link to email@example.com with subject line “5 MIFV Submission”
-Submit by the end of the upcoming Monday (which would be 12/24)
-Videos must be posted online (i.e. have a time stamp that says so) between now 12/18 and the end of Monday 12/24
-Don’t add any cover letters or explanations; please just send the link.