The election is finally over and that barrage of political ads will thankfully stop just in time for the barrage of Christmas ads in anticipation of this year’s holiday season. There’s no way to avoid any of it, but take solace in the fact that there are things like The 5 Most Intentionally Funny Videos that don’t try to exploit your emotions for political or financial benefit; just double over in laughter.
1. SNL made quite the mash-up parody (this is the extended director’s cut) by showing what President Abraham Lincoln would have been like if he was the main character of Louis C.K.’s Louie.
2. There was actually a staff meeting at Late Night with Jimmy Fallon in which they approved a form of Russian Roulette with boiled hard and normal eggs. We’re thankful this meeting was had and guest Jason Sudeikis was such a good sport.
3. Conan O’Brien went costume shopping for Halloween at a costume megastore and found a mask of himself (as well as one of Jay Leno). The results are both disturbing and hysterical.
4. Music video auteur Tom Scharpling strikes comedy gold again with a new video featuring Death Cab For Cutie’s Ben Gibbard in an attempt to be a bad boy for publicity.
5. Get a look inside the life of Rebecca Black, the girl responsible for the mega ironic hit “Friday,” and her manager, thanks to Kelly Hudson and Langan Kingsley.
Per usual, I’m taking submissions for the 5 MIFV. Same rules still apply.
-E-mail embeddable video link to email@example.com with subject line “5 MIFV Submission”
-Submit by the end of the upcoming Monday (which would be 11/12)
-Videos must be posted online (i.e. have a time stamp that says so) between now 11/6 and the end of Monday 11/12
-Don’t add any cover letters or explanations; please just send the link.