There are languages that are easy to learn, and those that are difficult. In the latter category, Klingon might be one of the most difficult, and that could put you in great danger if you don’t get things just right and somehow declare war instead of asking where the nearest restroom might be. And that is why our friends at ThinkGeek have arranged with the creators of Rosetta Stone to offer for the very first time a complete Rosetta Stone home language course in Klingon.
For just $269.99, you’ll get a crash course in conversational Klingon that will help you survive… er, negotiate tricky situations and tour the universe without being misunderstood. In a press release, ThinkGeek and Rosetta Stone tell you what comes in the box and what you can do with it:
• Everything you need for conversational Klingon
• Compatible with Windows XP+ and OS X+
• Requires CD-ROM drive and headset with microphone
• Learn at your own speed
• Master the use of inflected prefixes and situational suffixes
• Let our speech recognition technology improve your pronunciation
• Don’t sully your reputation by sounding like a hur’q
• Language software that will take you from simple greeting to arguing about sports over a bottle of Bloodwine
• Live conversation sessions with native speakers (guaranteed to be from Beta Quadrant)
• Language enhancing games
• Free, downloadable mobile companion app
But don’t take their word for it. Here to tell you all about Rosetta Stone for Klingon is Lt. Worf himself, Michael Dorn.
Act now by clicking here — the deal will only be up today, April 1st. Hey, that date seems familiar…