According to Planet Minecraft, the goal of Penthouse Sweet! Solo Build Contest is “to construct the perfect penthouse suite for Steve’s stay at the Villager Hotel. Using the base map provided, you will work inside the plot to build. Please be sure to read the rules below. Try to make an impression on those viewing your submission! Wow the judges with your amazing screenshotting, composition and placement skills.”
Here are the General Rules that contestants had to follow.
- You must use the map provided
- Your build must be original and not an old build or plagiarized from somebody else. Originality is key!
- You must build alone!
- 75% or more of the screenshots must be unedited in-game shots (yes, this means no shaders, please!)
- You must use the default texture pack. This is a build contest, not a texturing contest.
- You must only build within the quartz/iron skeleton. You may not add or remove anything outside of that area. The stone, glass and air inside are all fair play.
- Screenshots are very important! Please be sure to add lots of them. Unedited shots are best; photoshop/shaders does not a build make.
- One entry per user! “Update” your submission if you need to, but do remember that once the build period has ended, you won’t be allowed to edit your submission any more.
- You may not use any tools that produce an output for you. Building aides are allowed, but don’t let a program do the main work for you!
- No mods! Must be vanilla Minecraft, 1.8.8 or below.
Coming in first place was the Hasu – Lotus Traditional Suite, with 264 votes.
This penthouse includes a variety of gorgeous detail such as redstone devices/lamps, custom player heads, banners and armor stands.
What do you think of these designs? Let us know in the comments below.
HT/IMAGE: Planet Minecraft