Look, I’m a dude. He’s a dude. She’s a dude. We are all dudes. So I know that my fellow dudes are also going to find this news to be All That.
Nickelodeon and its vintage ’90s and 2000s programming block The Splat announced they will be “blasting open the vaults” with an immersive booth at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con, celebrating their library of beloved hits. They promise plenty of tributes involving “activations, games, panels, talent signings, and interactive design elements,” for their classic shows, including Legends of the Hidden Temple, Hey Arnold!, Rugrats, Double Dare, Rocko’s Modern Life, Invader Zim, and plenty of others.
There is only one way to celebrate this.
And this planned throwback party will be loaded with lots of fun activities, including:
- a daily “virtual reality 360-experience” that will allow fans to enter the upcoming live action movie reboot of Legends of the Hidden Temple, and “an interactive trivia game” with Olmec
- life-size replicas of the Hey Arnold! stoop and the Double Dare nose for taking pictures (don’t bother looking for that damn flag though, it’s impossible to find)
- costumed character appearances and autograph signings (including All That cast members and Spongebob Squarepants voice actors)
- a retail area for authentic Nick merchandise and collectibles
- contests with special prizes
In addition to those events, they will also hold four discussion panels:
- Happy Happy! Joy Joy!: 25 Years of Nickelodeon Original Animation
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles–Return to New York
- She Made That?: Nickelodeon hosts Women in Animation
- Back to the ‘90s: Nickelodeon’s All That Reunion and Legends of the Hidden Temple!
See, dudes? I told you this news would be All That.
What’s your favorite Nick show ever? Tell us in the comments below.
Featured Image: Nickelodeon