Recently Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Mike Evans tied the knot, and while we’re certain it was a memorable day for him and his beautiful bride, we’re going to remember it because of this magical five-tiered groom’s cake that one of his friends was kind enough to share with the world.
This…this is so amazing. There’s a lot to digest here, so let’s dig in to all of it.
- Did they eat this? I hope not. I hope it was preserved for future generations to admire.
- Do you think the regular wedding cake felt really inferior? Or was the actual wedding cake something like a 1/5th-sized Hogwarts?
- How did they decide what tier each house got? I need to know, because I don’t see how Slytherin is in the middle. It’s got to be next to Gryffindor or as far away from it as possible, right? I am ready to discuss Harry Potter wedding cake theory with any and everyone.
- Topping it off with Hedwig was a stroke of genius, but seeing Hedwig now always makes me sad, so I’m torn on how happy I would be to see her at a wedding. Dobby is my favorite character, but I’d be bummed out if someone made me a Dobby-shaped casserole for my birthday.
- The extra decorations are a wand, a broom, the Marauder’s Map, a snitch, Harry’s glasses, and what I am pretty sure is Hermione’s Time-Turner. Maybe the official wedding drink was a Felix Felicis because Evan seem like an awfully lucky guy.
Apparently Mike Evans is a huge Harry Potter fan, and I’m willing to wager all of my galleons, sickles, and knuts that some of you that don’t even care about football now have a new favorite player.
What other decorations would you have added to this cake? Apparate into our comments section and let us know.
Image: Jerron Reese/Twitter
A new Harry Potter book is on the way (sort of)!