Tony Hale

Nerdist Podcast: Tony Hale

Hilarious actor and all around nice guy Tony Hale sits down with Chris and Matt to talk about his role as Gary on Veep and the new season of Arrested Development, and Matt creates “The Mira Method”!

Comments

1. Franco says:

Hi. I’ve been going through all these podcasts and they’re great. I just want to let you know that there IS a strip club/diner in north central Florida (I went to UF) called Cafe Risque. It’s just as terrible as it sounds. Love the show, it’s making work go by really quickly.

2. Francesco says:

Love the intro in the train bathroom – I’ve been on that route! Hope you enjoyed Edinburgh, and thanks again for doing the London show – on your vacation, no less! You truly spoil us, Chris…

3. Josh says:

I very badly want “The Mira Method” to be a thing…

4. TheManInTheShack says:

Regarding the musing on whether children absorb things as we did to the point of auto-indexing… I’ll submit that Netflix etc. makes this very thing even more possible. My daughter is ten, and the fact is, that given the entirety of Netflix to choose from, she has spent this calendar year focused almost exclusively on a handful of things, including Arrested Development, which is her clear favorite. She can quote chapter and verse of AD in particular as well as or better than most adults. The ‘spoilt for choice so why bother to focus’ problem, which I think is a real possibility, is offset in my opinion by the fact that content is king, and the really great things will still be looked at ad nauseum because they are great…not because they were what we could get ahold of. I for one love raising my kid in this new paradigm.

5. Alec says:

Tony Hale had great chemistry with Chris and Matt- he really fit the podcast like a glove.

6. Wildride says:

Estelle Getty is still not the youngest Golden Girl no matter how often that mistake gets repeated. People confuse the idea that Estelle was younger than Bea, her daughter on the show, with the mistaken idea that she was the youngest overall. From eldest to youngest:

Betty White, January 1922
    Bea Arthur, April 1922
    Estelle Getty, July 1923
    Rue McClanahan. February 1934

Rue was easily the youngest.

7. Sarah says:

Umm… That was a real missed opportunity to have Buster Bluth say “Enjoy your burrito.”

8. Lauren says:

Since you guys chatted some about happiness and “choosing” to be happy, you might want to take a look at this fascinating TED talk about how we make ourselves happy, and how the things we think will make us happy usually don’t.

SCIENCE!

9. “There is no Shermer in Illinois. Movies are fuckin bullshit.” – Jay, Dogma

10. michelle says:

i didnt watch arrested development as rabidly as some of my friends but, this is pretty cool.

11. mary says:

Loved the interview, but really Florida isn’t that bad. Born and raised in Miami so it bugs me when people bad mouth FL. Chris, Matt, and Jonah will u guys ever come down here?

12. Lee T says:

Tony is a good dude. Even with his due praise and success, he’s still drastically underrated as a performer by most. So glad to see him in a worthy spot! Thanks for this!

13. DKinPA says:

“I WANTED TO SHARE MY POP SECRET!”- Oscar Bluth

14. kris says:

nice suit.

15. Ty says:

At first glance I thought this was a picture of Eminem and my head almost exploded

16. Patrick says: