Nerdist Podcast: Tom Hiddleston
Tom Hiddleston

Nerdist Podcast: Tom Hiddleston

Chris sits down with the lovely Tom Hiddleston to talk about how he formed the character of Loki, growing up in the UK, and the stages a British actor takes to becoming a wizard!

See Tom in Thor: The Dark World, out in theaters this Friday, November 8th!

Comments

1. primadonna911 says:

The Loki “Enjoy your burrito” just made me yell OH MAH GAWD MY VAGINA

2. Grace says:

oh my god, he wants to do a romantic comedy. this guy really wants all his fangirls to /die/

3. Allysen Ross says:

well, I think I found my favorite Nerdist Podcast.

4. anne brown says:

So, my ovaries are chill, but I did feel super jealous when he spoke french. I want to do the things. I want to do all the things.

5. Christine says:

I had to build a submarine from scratch and then sleep in it because I flooded my room when Tom started speaking French. Bring him back.

6. Dana says:

Tom Hiddleston is brilliant. I could have listened to him talk all day. Wish it would’ve been a longer one! Please invite him back πŸ˜€

7. Anne-Marie says:

Love Tom even more to see that he is a Dr. Who Fan…………….

8. Raquel says:

I can see Tom as a Slytherin or Griffindor. He would be a great teacher!!

9. Tyler says:

Chris! I couldn’t help but notice your silence when Tom mentioned Fawlty Towers. I know that you’re the busiest guy ever and you don’t get to watch even the things that you desperately want to, but I think you owe it to yourself to watch Fawlty Towers. It’s masterful, and holds up really well for being 30 years old. It’s basically taking the crazy humor of Python and grounding it in a recurring, real-world setting, which to me makes it even funnier.

Also, Tom’s so good it took me half an hour to realize Jonah & Matt weren’t there. I feel bad saying that because I love those guys a lot.

10. Mandy says:

Why recast? New characters!
    “Harry Potter & The Alumni Banquet”

11. -Di. says:

Aww…we should all send @twhiddleston a hug because I think he needs a few:

I’m sorry! The room just become so dusty.

12. Nicole says:

This man is absolutely ADORABLE.

13. john says:

loki/beta ray bill spinoff movie -love the podcast big fan

14. Karen says:

Loved this interview. Made me laugh and smile throughout the whole thing.

15. Nice interview with Tom, and I love you guys, but don’t forget that while America is a new country, there are still a lot of us who have ancestors that were here before the pilgrims. :-)

16. Andrew says:

@sparklepony

The layout is wonky for me too. I thought it was just my work computer, but I’m seeing it on my laptop now too. What gives, Chris?

17. Chantel says:

Oh my goodness, yes! Hiddles!!

18. John G. says:

Tom is one charming, awesome dude.

19. Kris says:

seems like a stand up bloke, the sort of guy i’d want to buy a beer

20. megan Nicole says:

Hey tom just wanted to say you rock and I am one of your biggest fans you inspire of all and I hope yo inspire even more people with everything you do also please follow me on twitter @sandmegan hope to meet you one day

21. Jen says:

#TomHiddlestonisadreamboat…… that is all

22. Harvey says:

First podcast EVER listened to. Absolutely brilliant. Kind of a coincidence that you end the cast’s the way you do because I am ignorant to it and was eating some Taco Bell. Hopefully one day I can be at Spielberg’s level and also be able to work with the both of you.

End of line.

23. stefano says:

oh! my. He is just the most awesome human being. I’m speechless. :)

24. Sparklepony says:

Hey, is the new layout wonky on anyone else’s screen? The Google ads are on top of the podcasts button, amongst other things.

25. Andrea says:

Oh holy shit… I didn’t get to the part where he speaks French! ahhhhh!!!

26. Bea says:

This was a fantastic way for me to start my day!!!! I was listening on the bus and was grinning like a total idiot the whole time! Delightful! Great podcast!

27. Andrew says:

Delightful. Excellent Pod.

28. This was a fantastic podcast! Tom is so articulate, and it’s lovely to see him interviewed by someone who appears to respect him. Keep up your awesome body of work, Chris!

29. Andrea says:

I love this man! I lived in England and I’ve sort of become immune to the English accent… but Tom’s voice / accent seriously does it for me. And when he does the Scottish accent… I can’t even…

30. Victoria says:

I think Tom would be an excellent Grindelwald that might appear in the next Fantastic beasts movies. I have no idea in what circumstances but it’s seems the most delightful thing to me.

31. Nichole says:

You have a very period face. Really, there’s blood all over it!

Great listening to Tom! He is so humble and has an excellent outlook on life – loved what he said about keeping in mind about “there’s no water” when he feels like things get tough in the film business

32. Hannah says:

Tom Hiddleston taking about Harry Potter and mentioning Benedict Cumberbatch. I’m dying.

33. chii says:

<3 <3 <3 (= <3 <3 <3

34. Marta says:

No joke, I sent my boyfriend a text asking what was happening to my ovaries as I listened to this, two seconds before Chris mentioned the swelling of ovaries when Tom Hiddleston speaks French. What a horrifying superpower.

Great episode, thanks for justifying the crushes of nerds everywhere.

35. Stephanie says:

Fantastic interview! Best one i’ve seen πŸ˜€

36. Leah says:

Not to be *that girl* but when Hiddles spoke French I got chills. And then Chris called it out two minutes later and I felt a little ashamed of my baser instincts.

Great podcast – I’m loving Marvel week so far!

37. Glenda says:

What a fun interview. It was the Scottish accent, not the French accent, that was an ovaries-exploder here ;-). Such a great voice, regardless of accent used or character played. I hope he does get an opportunity to do comedy, moreso than what comes with the character of Loki. I could see him moving seamlessly amongst drama, comedy, action(ish?), & romcom, much as George Clooney has.

38. damocles74 says:

I was just thinking about how awesome his portrayal of Shakespeare’s Henry the V while washing dishes…I think of fun things while doing mundane stuff.

39. Annie Buentello says:

Thank you for this! Hiddles is sooo perfect! *weeping*

40. Ace says:

Just as charming and sweet as I could ever have hoped for! It was great to hear Tom talk about his Unicef work – I saw his tweets and videos while that was going on. Also, what an ending. Thanks Chris for melting every woman listening who cranked up her earbuds and shut her eyes for a couple of seconds. That is the sexiest a command to enjoy mexican food has ever been.

41. MichaelH says:

A Loki / Doctor cross over (with Tom and Peter) might not be so far fecthed, if it happened as part of a Children in Need or Comic Relief skit… *Crosses fingers*

And woohoo, nice to hear Tom break out the Scottish accent! πŸ˜€

42. Sus says:

He is such a charming, charming man. I needed a smile today. Thank you.

43. Arabrabbra says:

@Chris! You have chickened out of asking guests to say “Enjoy Your Burrito” for a while now…Kudos to you for asking Tom to say it! What a delight he is!

44. Denise says:

Okay, Chris, as an obvious Tom/Loki fan, the time to come clean is upon you: have you signed the petition?

–founder of Free Loki–

45. Jennifer says:

Loved it! Glad it sounds like he is truly enjoying life!

46. Erin says:

I could listen to that man talk all day!!! (swoon) Great podcast!!

47. BrendaRios8a says:

What a lovely, talented and genuine man. It doesn’t get better than Tom!

48. Robin DeSpain says:

FYI the Dr. has defeated the Gods of Ragnarok. In “Greatest Show in the Galaxy” so it’s really not a stretch at all.

And I would gladly do his family history. I live near the worlds largest genealogy library.

Lovely podcast – thank you.

49. DK says:

My family is from Scotland too! We had a demon that guarded our castle in the medieval days.

50. Chelsea says:

Great start to Wednesday, an awesome conversation with an awesome guy.