Thomas Jane

Nerdist Podcast: Thomas Jane

Thomas Jane (and a special super-cute guest of his) sit down with Chris and Matt to talk about Deep Blue Sea, the DIY revolution in the film industry, and the KickStarter for his video game Bad Planet!

Click here to support the Bad Planet KickStarter!

1. David says:

Had no idea he was such a f#ckin great guy. Made me chuckle when he was saying how the government had control over the www and Chris/Matt were tacitly dismissing what he was saying like he was naive or uninformed. Yeah well given what’s come out since then I guess the joke’s on you guys. He he he.

2. Ein Neuer Anfang says:

“So we’re not going to fight anymore!”

3. Silvia says:

I love you Thomas Jane soy Mexicana y me gustaria hablar con usted I want tok to you

4. Aaron Ross says:

I love seeing Frank Castle just f*** s*** up! I agree completely agree with Thomas Jane, who by the way = awesome

5. Hank Tilapia says:

Just by quickly browsing his IMDB, I would guess that the movie Jane mentioned, that he did this year “for the condo” that was so “horrible” is the Miley Cyrus rom/com LOL?

6. Summer says:

This podcast reminded me of MobMov or guerrilla Drive-ins. I’ve wanted to start one for a while.

7. Shad says:

Yeah, no mention of The Mist was a serious letdown. It’s one of the best horror films of the past 20 years! If you haven’t seen it (Chris and Matt) you should go check it out as soon as possible. It’s espechially worth watching if you can check out the Black & White version on the Blu Ray or special edition DVD.

8. GooseGanja says:

I doubt if Chris has ever seen The Mist … If he had, he would have at least mentioned the ending.

9. ColinJ says:

Shame you never got to talk about THE MIST. It’s a great movie.

Jane is definitely a pro-active nerd. He posed for Tim Bradstreet for the artwork in the collection of ‘El Borak’ stories by R.E. Howard. Not to mention doing his own Jonah Hex make-up just because he’s a fan and thought it would be cool to do.

You’ve gotta respect the man for that. He puts himself out there as a fan rather than acting like he’s too cool for this stuff.

10. notadoctor says:

@pattymarvel–no, that role will forever be held by Troy McClure (damn I miss Phil Hartman).

@DoctorQuemmento–I completely understand wanting to earn it. It is why I am still plugging away at grad school to become not a real doctor. Hopefully, you have a profession that involves creative writing or you pursue it in your off time because the story was great. Perhaps one day you could turn into that reddit contributor who is now a Hollywood screen writer. True story (Wired story a few months back).

@toonsmyth–excellent drawing, can’t wait to see it as the next hostful banner w/guest fan DoctorQuemmento.

11. Dan says:

Maybe it’s too late to comment on, but the response to Fantos was great Chris. It got me thinking, that if the guy/girl/thing really is sincerely a fan, but makes this terrible comments about the podcast to be a troll (i.e. warrant attention) which it obviously has been getting from you, then well.. we’re a few steps away from legitimate stalker! And since you’re meeting all these celebs, maybe you could ask them how to find this guy, bring it to you… and well, you could use the torture chamber in your basement you’ve been wanting to.. o.o Or if you could somehow make him pay for the show, maybe in its mind the podcast will have more value.

12. Matthew M says:

Another awesome interview. I’ve never been into comics but I really enjoyed his version of Punisher. I’ll check his stuff out. He’s going places I tell ya! 😉

13. JetpackBlues says:

@ Quemmento – I see you’ve decided to hex me with your plague of ants in order to have me TEST my defenses. I will FETCH my diatomaceous earth and spread it far and wide, halting their advance.

I swear I will DEFEAT your legion of formicidae you… 3-armed freak! 😛

14. @toonsmyth I bow to the awesome that is that picture.

@JetpackBlues MUHUHUHAHAHA. *somehow strokes goatee and evilly wrings hands together simultaneously* I love it when an evil plan comes together.

@Ms. Di You are so super nice! And I am so super not that cool! I, myself, am also trying to find the perfect balance between childhood enthusiasm and adult responsibility. Sometimes I think I have those two reversed.

@notadoctor I would love to be a Nerdist guest more than anything in the world, but if I am I’ll want to have earned it by creating something awesome and successful of my own. If that makes any sense.

@Patty Thank you!!!