The Farrelly Announcement

Nerdist Podcast: The Farrelly Announcement

Recorded just last week on 6/12, it’s a somewhat hostful with special drop-ins! Peter Farrelly stops by to make a big announcement and Guillermo Del Toro says hi. And the premiere of The Matt and Jonah show!

1. JetpackBlues says:

I am indecisively neutral about my feelings for the “Matt and Jonah Show.”

There, my proverbial, non-committal hat has been thrown into the ring….

2. David H says:

I’m so happy to be first here to say how fantastic Matt and Jonah were on this episode … oh, wait, everyone else has said the same? Well, here’s another vote for ‘Shut the Fuck up, Kyle’ being one of the most unexpected, hilarious things I’ve heard in ages.

3. Paul says:

Things are always in the last place you look for them, because once you’ve found them, you stop looking.

4. Cleo says:

Hahahaha, totally caught the skip where you *cut part of it out*. Hilarious. GG, Chris. GG.

Also, I totally wanna hit that. And by “that”, I mean you. And by “hit”, I mean, “have sex”. Basically, I want to have sex with you.

5. Wow, incredible episode. I was going to ask if you guys had rolled McHale and stolen his E! ID card but then I heard someone mention comics. Of course Pete Farrelly meets Guillermo del Toro at Meltdown. This is why I want to live in LA.
    Anyway, please please please let us hear some more Matt and Jonah Show and Aftershow please please. So fun and funny.
    Thanks for the laughs Big C, Matt and Jonah
    PS the C is for cock

6. jessica says:

standing ovation.

7. JD says:

The Matt and Jonah show was one of the funniest fucking things I’ve ever heard. Possibly because it just came out of nowhere while I was really high.

Thanks for this one (and the rest), it was great.

8. Patrick says:

9. The UFO story sounds similar to Phoenix Lights. 10,000 people saw a very similar craft.

10. alanso says:

I’m actually crying with laughter at the Matt and Jonah Show and have had to pause at 44.53 as I’m at work. Fuck you guys for making salty water come out of my face at work.

11. Paige says:

The Matt & Jonah After Show sounds a lot like The Champs…

12. Net Gent says:

What a collection of barel scrappers.

13. Atticus says:

Last 15 minutes were hilarious. So goofy.

14. Chris Hardwick says:

@JE Smith: sadly, the audio from Dallas was kind of a disaster. Our audio is all screwy and the room next door had that weird rave whose bass thump bled over into our show. I think it will just have to live in our memories! Sorry about that!!

15. @Arabrabbra says:

Hahaha Scully is my new BFF!

16. Scully says:

@Arabrabbra I was so incensed by your seemingly trollish comment that I obviously couldn’t be f*cked to read the entire text to its friendly conclusion. 9 am is well before my first cup of coffee has been fully absorbed and I should not be allowed to respond to internet comment threads. My mistake has been duly noted and now I am sure we can begin out long and life enriching friendship over the interwebs. :-)

17. Carlos says:

Under no circumstance does Matt and Jonah show become a podcast. It was fucking hilarious because it was anti-podcast. Just realized that sounds a lot like anti-pasti. I am hungry.

18. ernest e says:

BEST FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKINGGGGG EPISODE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Pablo G says:

BLEEPING GREATEST PODCAST EVER!!! I thought the Joe Manganiello was the greatest and then THIS deliciousness posts. i must listen again. Damn you Hardwick. Damn you for providing such wonderful free content!!

20. JE Smith says:

This is *not* me bitching about free content, just a-wonderin’, but are we ever going to get the Live Dallas show from 2012? Is there something wrong with it that it’s been held out this long?

21. Jen says:

Loved the episode!!!!More Matt and Jonah show!!!!!!

22. Craig says:

The Matt and Jonah Show + After Show were fantabulous!

23. Mike says:

That Matt and Jonah show and after-show was HILARIOUS! Shouldn’t be a podcast… should be a muppet video though!

24. Jake says:

Okay, wow, that got REALLY weird at the end. Somewhere Pete Holmes just blew a load in his pants.

25. @Arabrabbra says:

@Sully, did you read my comment? LOL It was a joke … riffing on the trolls who take free comedy podcasts, or apparently the comments section of those free comedy podcasts too seriously. Nothing but love for the Nerdist boys and you too :)

26. amysrevenge says:

27. Three Toes of Fury says:

.Monopoly Chance Card…

“2nd place in a beauty contest…you are equired to jump back one nerdist podcast talkback thread, to the Fred Williard one, and read @ patty marvel and @ jetpack blues lists of side effects. absofrigginlutely HILARIOUS. ”

peace .n. pez

28. tomK says:

The last 5 minutes of this podcast are incredible. Oh my god.

29. Scully says:

@Arabrabbra They have talked in the past how you can be a nerd and like sports or even nerdy about spots. Sports just are not the thing Chris nerds out about.

30. Mike says:

Why would you cut the sports stuff? People get plenty nerdy about sports too!

31. Ben Z says:

I’m all for calling step parents, bonus parents! That was a good one, Chris!

32. Scully says:

I would have laughed so hard if the “Spoiler Protector” was edited over Chloe’s answer to how Chris hits the puss on the Matt and Jonah after show. Either way you guys are kind of my heros for this week.

33. Ben says:

I thought you guys said “Amy’s BACON Company” and I thought… How could that end up on Kitchen Nightmares?! lol

34. rob says:

Strangely enough, that Sebastian’s ep of Kitchen Nightmares is on BBC America tonight.

35. Tyler says:

Good way to not get cut out of the podcast… say things like “generously and expertly” THE WORLD MUST KNOW

36. Tyler says:

Kitchen Nightmares might be my favorite thing in the whole world. As if I didn’t already feel similar enough to Matt, I think we’ve reached a new level of kinship.

37. Jay says:

That proves it. Matt and Jonah are completely fucking useless. Cronyism at it’s finest.

38. @Arabrabbra says:

PS Chris…I LOVE SPORTS (GO BRUINS!!) But am ALSO a nerd. I feel you discriminate against us sports lovers. As a nerd yourself you should be hyper aware of discrimination and do everything you can to not perpetuate the stereotype that we are all jerks. Please Chris, be more sensitive.

PPS – that was all facetious…with about 1% truth :)

39. @Arabrabbra says:

So…when is the Matt and Jonah podcast starting? I hope it’s soon, that was a great preview of it. Also those after show guys Pussy Talkin Jonah and Matt should have a show too.

In all seriousness this is my all time favorite podcast that my ears have ever had the pleasure of consuming.

I hope Chris listened to this!

40. Sean says:

Peter Farrelly sounds like the stoner computer AI in Team America.

41. “Haha! Fuck you Kyle!”

classic :)

“Shut the fuck up Kyle”

42. kittnen says:

Once again, had to pause the podcast several times in order to compose myself, lest my coworkers think that I’m insane. Please let the Matt and Jonah show be a regular occurrence.
    Also, good on Matt for bringing a skeptical voice to the show and quoting BS. Always appreciated.

43. GuanoLad says:

Here’s what I think hypnotism is.

In the same way that when you’re drunk you loosen your inhibitions, hypnotism brings you to that same state. In your own mind you feel like you’re in perfect control and that everything you do is of your own volition, but in fact the part of your mind that is afraid of the consequences of unpredictable actions has been broken through.

All your inhibitions are lowered, and now everything suggested to you sounds like a great idea, so you put on a show.

44. hutchero says:

this has been a really good run of podcasts the past few weeks, love to see Derren Brown on the show sometime

45. erik2690 says:

Seriously so good. I was laughing through so much of this. Matt and Jonah Show and after show was very funny.

46. Tony EC says:

Mostful entertaining show, gang. Thanks for the giggles and snorts.

47. NIna says:

You weren’t lying. Matt and Jonah were extra hilarious in this one.

48. Dante says:

We are spoiled nerds, unworthy of the fruits of thy bounty, Hardwick. May your recorders remain steadfastly operational and your microphones never droop.

49. Zim says:

I approve of this Tuesday evening update.

50. chris hardwick says:

Yes, the intro was recorded in pieces in three different locations. That’s why it sounds weird.