Rob Paulsen and Maurice…

Nerdist Podcast: Rob Paulsen and Maurice LaMarche

Rob Paulsen and Maurice LaMarche are LEGENDS of the voice over world. Between the two, you’ve heard them in Animaniacs, Ninja Turtles, Jimmy Neutron, The Simpsons, Back at the Barnyard, Justice League, Dexter’s Lab, Ultimate Spiderman, Futurama, Looney Tunes, Toucan Sam, Harvey Birdman, Johnny Bravo, and together as PINKY AND THE BRAIN. I love these guys so much and how they play off one another that I had them on together. “Countries of the World” and Orson Welles are GUARANTEED in this episode. I promise it will make you happy on a deep, deep level. Language alert for tiny ears! There’s a bit of swearing (when is there NOT on this show?) but lots of fun and hugs, too!

Follow @yakkopinky and @mauricelamarche on Twitter and check out Rob’s podcast!

Today’s episode is sponsored by Audible.com. Go to AudiblePodcast.com/Nerdist for a free audio book download!

Comments

1. solomon says:

Best…episode…EVER!!!!

2. Derek says:

Great episode guys. Voice actors are the best, need more of them. Now knowing Maurice is the voice of Lexus, I heard the commercial and can’t help but picture Brain doing the voice over. LOL.
    Snarf!

3. Scott says:

This episode and the Billy West episode are some of my favorites. Can you just interview voice actors for a few episodes?

4. John in Ohio says:

My cheeks hurt from smiling and laughing–so much fun on so many levels. I got such joy from hearing Chris squeaking/squelching laughter during the P&B Burrito Goodbye. That was the cherry on top of one of the best episodes ever.

5. Dan says:

I rarely listen to a podcast twice, but this one I’m gonna have to save. I actually laughed out loud at work. I even had to e-mail a co-worker I haven’t seen in 12 years, just because I know she was a huge Pinky & The Brain fan. This was audio gold. Hilarious! Thank you!

6. Mike says:

I’ve never peed myself to Pinky and the Brain before. This is an instant classic!

7. Marielle says:

I was so excited to see the guests on this podcast! I don’t think so excited even covers it!

But when I heard the first Pinky and the Brain exchange, my nerdish little heart exploded with glee.

I’m now engaged in a back and forth volley of endings to “Are you pondering what I’m pondering” and laughing my ass off, further establishing my place in the office as the nerdy girl who laughs hysterically at random intervals…

And I love it. I ADORED Animaniacs and it just made all the parts of my heart warm and fuzzy and giggly.

Looking forward to seeing you in Chicago!

8. Alexis says:

This was an awesome podcast – These’s guys voiced my childhood (I’m about Matt and Jonah’s age). A friend and I used to leave answering machine messages of pinky and the brain “are you pondering what I’m pondering…” to each other, and I have a Dot toy on my desk :)
    Also… Chris saying ‘narf’ makes me smile

9. Larry Viezel says:

You guys mentioned RIchie Gold from the Young Comedians special. It seems he’s doing conservative talk radio these days.

10. Ross says:

Best episode ever. have them back as often as they can stand it.

11. CalabiYauManifold says:

What a great podcast. Only discovered it two weeks ago and now need to go through your entire back catalogue. But this episode…..dude….$%#&ing awesome (I now also have to go through Rob Paulsons back catalogue – not nearly as long as yours though). Thank you so much.

12. setlasmon says:

just stopping by to pile on more praise for this ep. so fecking good. great job by all. ive listened to this four or five times now and have no plans of stopping.

MAURICE LAMARCHE FOR PRESIDENT! YES, OF AMERICA! YES, I KNOW THE PROBLEMS THAT PRESENTS! THAT IS HOW STRONGLY I FEEL ABOUT THIS, DAMMIT!

13. Raul E. Dynamite says:

This episode deserves a standing ovation. F-ing brilliant!

14. Cotton says:

I know everyone has been saying it but just let me echo it once more: Best. Episode. Ever.
    The only other episode that comes close is Billy West. Seriously, more voice actors. I’m not sure if it’s nostalgia that likes this episode but I don’t care. Constant eargasms.

I believe that Rob Paulsen and Maurice LaMarche should have their own podcast on the Nerdist Network. I don’t care what they talk about, they are just fantastic to listen to.

Do it!

15. Danicus Decimus Meridius says:

This is my new favorite episode. My co-workers think I’m insane now, because every few minutes, I would start laughing so hard I couldn’t type.

16. Andy says:

You don’t know how much hearing yakko sing the nationa of the world song made my brain smile

17. Dan says:

This might be one of my favorites of all of the Nerdist episodes I have heard.

18. emily says:

I’ve never commented or even looked for a reason to comment before, but thank you so much for this episode. I had no idea that Pinky and the Brain were such interesting people, but now I’m hooked!

19. Mike P says:

Can’t stop grinning!

20. Daniel says:

Really great episode, the Nations of the World blew me away.

There were so many great bits in this interview but I must say I was hoping for a little more Futurama, maybe a ‘Morbo agrees!’ to push it to a perfect episode.

21. Maggie C says:

This was flat-out one of the best things I have ever heard. I listen to the podcasts in the car on my very long commute and I am sure that the other drivers must have thought I was demented. I laughed out loud. I was clapping and cheering. The “Nations of the World” song was in my head for the REST. OF. THE. DAY.

I nearly had to pull over at the “Enjoy Your Burrito” sign off.

These two guys were such a huge part of my teen years. I would watch Animaniacs every day after school in just the hour or so that I would have between my many extracirriculars and when it was time for dinner and then homework. They were the guys that meant I was home and I could relax for a bit.

Thanks for this amazing interview!

22. Jennifer says:

Best. Episode. Ever. Thank you so much! This made my day/week/year. I truly LOL’d which was kind of embarrassing since i was listening at work.

23. Alec says:

Gordon Pincent is an actor. It was Gordon Sinclair who did that radio address. I remember his name because his Andy Rooney-esque stick in the mud son ran the newsroom on CJAD for years.

24. my_leisure says:

Wow, I’m glad I saved this one for when I needed it. My balls are actually tingling from trying so hard not to laugh at work.

25. Coz says:

Such a great episode! Easily one of the best so far, and now I can check “Hear the Brain drop an F-bomb” off my wish list. Thank you for making my work days more bearable with your delightful ear candy.

26. John says:

This was one of the funniest episodes I’ve heard thus far! The chemistry between these two was amazing, and hearing them riff in and out of character was so hilarious. I even recommended this episode to my sister because she was a huge Animaniacs/Pinky & the Brain fan.

27. IamJoseph says:

I am at a loss for words with joy. Rob Paulsen is my favorite voice actor. In fact I like him so much I should probably just say he’s my favorite actor actor.

My heart is a flutter. I should probably see a doctor about that. Who doesn’t love Morte from Planescape: Torment?

Fools, that’s who.

Thanks

28. Renee says:

This was an amazing episode. I’ve loved Rob and Maurice for years, and it is always great to hear voice actors get their time in the spotlight. I enjoyed every second of this.

29. Evan says:

This is by far my favorite episode of Nerdist! It sounds corny but to hear Rob Paulsen recite ‘Nations of the World” a capella style actually brought little tears of joy to my face. Maurice Lamarche is a freakin genius voice actor and a LEGEND and I cant tell you how cool it was to hear him speak about his carer and the Rodney stories had me laughing out my face hole! This was a REAL treat! Thank you for this!
    BEST. EPISODE. EVER.

30. Michelle says:

Oh my god…that….was….fantastic!!! Thank you so much for the awesome ear sex!!! (shin shee shin shee) I laughed outloud many times! THANKS!

31. Colintendo says:

Amazing! I’ve been waiting so long to hear these guys on the podcast, two of my favorite voices!

Any plans to get Cam Clarke?

32. Lina Burghard says:

Best episode yet! It was so amazing I got teared up by the awesome flood of childhood memories :)

33. Joe says:

I still think the NdGT episode is the #1 episode but this is a VERY close second. Pinky & The Brain go blue?! This is such a fun episode because of all the voice play. Thank you!

34. Donna D says:

This episode has made me SO FREAKIN’ HAPPY on a Monday morning. THANK YOU, Chris!!!

35. ChrisT says:

My favourite episode. Always great to hear Derek and Clive when Im not expecting it hope people check them out on youtube and Rob Paulsen’s Podcast is great, reminds me of Paul Gilmartin’s for some reason

36. Josh says:

My earballs are SO FUCKING HAPPY! Thank you for this episode! Hearing the “Countries Of The World” song live made me 12 again. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

37. Pascal says:

This episode easily became my favourite one!

38. mariel says:

This was so amazing. I’m going to link this to all my nerd friends who love Futurama.
    Maurice is such an awesome guy. I can’t believe he did the whole Shatner “Sabatage” bit. Freaking awesome.

Burrito enjoyed my friends. Amaze-balls indeed.

39. Allen says:

This may be the best episode you’ve ever done. You’re our generation’s (I’m actually a bit older) best chat host.

I’ve never met you but I’m proud of you; it’s like one of “us” made it.

Take care

40. Seth Holladay says:

That was awesome.

41. Carl says:

Awesome Episode!!!!
    One Question. Are you ever going to have Scott Aukerman or Jeff Ullrich?

42. Patti says:

I loved this episode! So funny, and so much fun! Rob and Maurice were so great. It was educational, too. I learned so much more about both gentlemen from this episode. Pinky and the Brain swearing – totally worth hearing. Chris, please don’t ever do a Bjork impression again. That’s nightmare fuel right there. So adorbs how Rob called you “Chrissy”. Aww! <3 Thanks so much for having these two brilliant men on your podcast.

43. Zachary Hall says:

Chris!! Where are these outtakes?! Are they available on the interwebs?!

44. Lil says:

When I got home from Emerald City Comicon on friday I popped on here to see what was new. And you had this gem up. Listened, delighted the whole time, and then got to see them live on Saturday at the con. Just added to a fantastic weekend.

P.S. Rob pulled off the Countries song again, with only one trip up.

45. Michael Acovio says:

Ok, this is seriously the best episode. I could not stop laughing and am sharing this one with all my friends who have been hesitant to get into podcasts.

46. Vinnie says:

Give LaMarche and Paulsen a freaking Podcast! Do it now! ASAP! Well?… and Pinky and the Brain Movie!

47. malefue says:

wow, best episode possibly ever. so much love in the air^^

48. Kevin Osborn says:

There is now a front runner for best episode of 2012!! Amaze-balls!!!

49. David Clay says:

THIS! IS! THE! BEST EPISODE! I HAVE EVER HEARD IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! Listening to this I was 12 again. THANK YOU! THANK YOU THANKS-BALLS!!!!!!