Neil Patrick Harris

Nerdist Podcast: Neil Patrick Harris

Chris sits down with the enormously talented Neil Patrick Harris to talk about magic, growing up in Hollywood and Neil’s new show that will be on the Nerdist YouTube Channel!

This episode is brought to you by Click on the radio microphone and enter Nerdist to start a no risk trial and get a bonus offer worth $110!

Photo Credit: Meredith Jenks

1. Zena says:

You guys are so fortunate. My country is still governed by ignorance, with anti-gay legislation adopted left, right, and center and soon to become a Federal Law of the Russian Federation. I hope you get equal rights in all states, it’s a great inspiration to me.

2. Anton says:

Stop laughing loudly at your own jokes so we can hear what your guests are trying to say. Maybe, just maybe your guests are more interesting than you guffawing over the top of them.

3. Mollypop says:

Neil Patrick Harris is amazing. I wish I could listen to you two all day :) So great.

4. purki says:

bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla……….blaber blaber blaber blaber blaber blaber blaber blaber blaber…..blibu blibu blibu blibu blibu blibu blibu blibu blibu blibu…..yabala yabaa yabala yabala yabala…….yipeeeee…..really excited :-) !!!

5. Shawn says:

“Should I get a longer dick, or just move my butthole!?” Laughed so hard at this. Nerdist just gets funnier and more entertaining with each episode.

6. Donna says:

I completely agree about Clue! Best movie ever! Can NEVER be remade!!

7. Tracey says:

Good to know, Chris. I got the impression that none of you were still in touch with her in order to know how she’d feel about it.

8. Ryan says:

I second the request for show notes. I mainly listen to the podcast at work and I am not usually at a desk to write things down. I understand if it’s too much work, maybe crowdsource it to the comments section or something? That magician’s videos were amazing and I am very happy someone posted it because I could not remember his name when I got done listening to it and was able to get to a computer.

9. Corey says:

Epic podcast yet again. NPH has great humor. BTW Chris, you and I share the same birthday. No biggie, just sayin.

10. Chris Hardwick says:

@Tracey: Lisa didn’t care so you shouldn’t either! Remember: we know our friends, so we wouldn’t put them in a situation that would compromise them. She was actually only mad (jokingly) that we referred to her as being “the funky hat girl”.

@WesFX: you just posted here to be negative. your comment served no purpose whatsoever other than to be shitty and make yourself feel superior. No one deserves that. Be nice, constructive or cut it out (please).

11. WesFX says:

I guess I’m supposed to respond to “guest”: yeah, it’s a wooden performance week-in-week-out. Terrible stuff that’s hard to watch.

12. Tracey says:

I thought it was a little untoward for them to discuss, by name, their common girlfriend and then speculate about which intervening boyfriend might have talked her into “putting out.” Maybe they could have called her “Jane Doe” or something.

13. Greg says:

Hey I just started listening to this podcast. It would be cool if you could link to videos of the stuff you guys are talking about (Derek DelGaudio, the Tony bits etc). I know it would be extra work but it would be awesome for your listeners. Thanks!

14. Diah says:

Sorry to hear about you and Janet, Chris.

Hopefully it wasn’t one of those super nasty breakups.

and doesn’t she have a podcast on the Nerdist network?
    must be awkward.. :(

15. Jeff says:

Chris and Janet…broke up?? :'(

16. Guest says:

Wes, what do you mean? Is Barney a terrible person? Neil gives a really really fun and solid performance week-in-week-out on HIMYM. I can see someone not liking Barney though.

Anyway, loved this podcast. One of the greats.

17. Caroline says:

So much WIN!

18. WesFX says:

I think I’ll be skipping this episode, so for anyone that listened; does Chris ask him if Neil is terrible on How I Met Your Mother on purpose?

19. Gord Mc says:

I enjoyed the podcast, but I was rather surprised at the amount of cursing. I don’t think it is really relevant to the subject matter.

20. Chris says:

So is it impossible to download episodes from my DROID? I’m not familiar with RSS and ice been trying to figure out how to download episodes

21. pbnews says:

Nerdist KILLIN’ IT lately with the guests. Another great show.

22. Ben Z says:

Please! PLEASE! Do a part 2!

23. For me HIMYM is second only to Doctor Who as far as my all time favorite TV Shows. It’s my electronic teddy bear. I started watching it partly because of NPH!

I loved how NPH was like…no this interview is NOT done. That was so Barny of him! When he also said “Enjoy your burrito!” That was the best!

In other news, if you are ever in Munich, Germany take the Mike’s Neuschwanstein Castle Tour! It’s a day trip but totally worth it. The tour is given in English so no language worries.

There is a gentleman named Brad Daynes that does up close magic. He’s a graduate of the Germany Academy of Magic. I did not even know there was such a thing! He is awesome!

24. Ben Z says:

OMG! Chris Hardwick played Stacee Jaxx! Someone has to have that on video somewhere. I REALLY want to see it.

25. DanBerko says:

Great interview!

Thanks for not spoiling a portion of walking dead. It shows you’re really one of us and thinking about your fans!

Cheers, good sir.

26. Tyler says:

Here’s the Derek DelGaudio video that Neil references.

27. Paige says:

I’m glad Chris still adores Janet. I hope she feels the same, I really didn’t like the idea of him being hurt in any way. Funny how we as listeners do feel like we know these 3 guys, we care about them and wish them the best.

28. Ben says:

Has anyone found any Derek DelGaudio videos in english?

29. Justin says:

I must say this is another great podcast. However, I am beginning to go through Jonah withdrawal. =(

30. scabfarm says:

yay NPH for puppet love!!! (we also share the obsession of making and filming weird puppet stuff)

31. Paul says:

Got an answer for NPH as far as how Derek DelGaudio does his card tricks. He’s a position counter, just extremely fast at it. All he does after that is just a complicated shell game, just with 52 shells instead of 3. It’s a practiced talent, recognizing where in a deck a certain card is then counting back and forth as it moves positions.

32. Eric J. says:

Great interview! Loved hearing NPH talking about wanting to do a variety show – he may be the one guy who could bring back the format.

33. KT says:

Doogie Howser, the original blogger.

NPH is lovely and this was a wonderful interview. I enjoyed it tremendously. Him talking trash about Criss Angel made me laugh so much.

34. GuanoLad says:

After HIMYM ends, NPH should do a US version of Jonathan Creek.

35. Abbey says:

My brain is so happy right now.

36. Crazy4NPH says:

Neil Patrick Harris is my favorite actor ever since he was Doogie Howser he is awesome I cant wait to see his new show on youtube

37. Nora says:

Neil Patrick Harris is the only celebrity I’ve ever written a fan letter to, back when he was Doogie Howser, and I was a junior high school girl who bore a disconcerting resemblance to Ringo Starr (bowl cuts are not my friend). I don’t remember what I said, except that the letter ended with, “This is not a fan letter; it’s a letter of respect”. And I wondered why I had no friends.

Anyway, thanks for this.

38. mistletoe says:

That feeling when Chris starts wrapping the podcast up and the guest goes “Nah, I don’t think so”.

He did like another 30 minutes after that point. NPH is now forever A1 in my book.

39. JW says:

Need a taxidermist ? Chuck Testa !

Awesome episode by the way.

40. Ben says:

Seriously, best podcast in a long, long time. Possibly best ever. Thank you so, so much.

41. Live says:

Good interview. NPH has a slightly strange sense of humor and a little bit dirty , but ashave I.I also liked that he talked about David who apparently has the same type of humor as him. Loved it

where can I download it?

42. trenton says:

I’m totes straight, but I have to say NPH was adorable here – trying to extend the interview.. And (I’m clearly making nonexistant connections) it seemed like he was being a tad flirty. All interesting stuff. Good show.

43. Leah says:

Great fucking interview. Seriously AWESOME!

44. manobon says:

Genuinely curious- how does suscribing to the youtube channel help the programs/Nerdist Network continue to make shows (Do advertisers pay more money according to the amount of suscribers, etc)?

45. Jake says:

Probably the best interview in a long time. The perfect amount of casual, interesting, and fucking absurd. Well done.

46. Jared says:

If they ever remake Clue NPH needs to on that cast!

47. Aaron says:

Almost two hours with NPH? That is fan… wait for it… TASTIC!

48. Eileen says:

Metathesis! (emphasis on the ‘ta’)

49. Fantas says:

So no Dan Harmon at SketchFest or…?

50. Dee says:

Yay! So excited!! Unfortunately I’ve just been warned to not stream/download anything at work so I have to wait until I get home to listen to this.