Neil deGrasse Tyson returns…

Nerdist Podcast: Neil deGrasse Tyson Returns!

The amazing and brilliant Neil deGrasse Tyson returns to the podcast to talk about his new show on the Nerdist Channel! He enlightens us even more about current astronomy news and talks to Chris about the reality of Star Trek. Also, stay tuned for a special Halloween ghost story from Liam Lynch at the end!

Subscribe to our YouTube channel and watch Star Talk, starting tomorrow!

Click on the banner to shop at Amazon.com and support the show!

Comments

1. sol says:

Great podcast! LOVED the ghost story!!

2. Daniel V. Schilling says:

I miss that mind bendy felling. Last I felt that was when I was a young boy trying to contemplate and understand the vastness of the cosmos. Looking up at the black in between the far off stars and saying “Infinity”. I wish something could shock me as much as that did.

3. Jesse says:

Thanks for the ghost story, Chris and Liam, I’ve been waiting eagerly since Liam mentioned it on his episode. It gave me chillsad me looking over my shoulder in broad daylight written I heard knocking near my car.

Loved Mr. DeGrasse Tyson as well, always a joy to hear engaging and passionate educators. Thanks again for another wonderful episode.

4. Jesse says:

Loved Mr. DeGrasse Tyson as well, always a joy to hear engaging and passionate educators. Thanks again foyer another wonderful episode.

5. Max says:

Totally agree with everything Toren said. While the ghost story was fine in and of itself, considering this episode came out on halloween day, it should have probably been better if it had been a stand alone.
    After an hour of hearing NdGT talking about open minds and skeptical thinking, it’s kind of hard to be in the state of mind to enjoy stories about the afterlife without poking holes all over them.
    Other than that, superb episode.

6. Amos says:

“A proper training turns an empty mind into an open mind.”

I love that line!

7. Leah says:

What is wrong with everyone? It was a good ghost story because it was Halloween and NDT just happened to be the guest for the day. Definitely my fav episode so far…NDT had so many amazing topics and the ghost story freaked me out! I work in the basement, somedays alone, of an old Jesuit college and keep hearing things. Ahhh!!

8. Sami says:

What was that retarted ghost story about and how was it related to Neil! Explain yourself Chris!

9. Alex says:

Nilknarf, you are right, I was wrong, dolphins can indeed swallow and breathe at the same time. However, dolphins have no sense of smell, which means their blowhole is only used for breathing, and is mostly closed while they hold their breath, whereas our noses are used for breathing and smelling, and tasting.

When we eat food, we inhale the “taste” of the food into our lungs, and then we actually taste it when we breathe out through our nose. So basically, at the cost of risk of the risk of choking, we gain an entire sense, and a very useful one, smell is a very good way to determine things you shouldn’t consume. So yeah, take that dolphins, you no sense of smell having, eating while breathing, traitor to land mammals mothafuckas! JK dolphins you are still better and probably smarter than us.

10. Mndrew says:

Three cheers for the planet killer!