Episode : Nerdist Podcast
Misha Collins

Nerdist Podcast: Misha Collins

Chris sits down with Misha Collins is a castle in Scotland to talk about how buildings are older than countries, how he got the idea for GISHWHES, and his character of Castiel on Supernatural!

Follow @mishacollins on Twitter and find out more about GISHWHES, Misha’s scavenger hunt!

1. Misty Rowe says:

With S10 of Supernatural on the way, I decided to listen to this wonderful podcast again… for at least the fourth time. Anyway, I hope there is a chance of getting Jared and Jensen on the podcast, too, maybe swindle them into some S10 promotion along with Misha and/or Mark Sheppard. Also, GISHWHES for 2014 did just end if Misha wants to talk about the latest campaign. :) Random acts of kindness FTW.

2. Cassie says:

The entire Supernatural cast has such great chemistry. Misha has the best sense of humor. Jared and Jensen are also very funny people and I completely agree that you should get them on the show as well. The Supernatural fan community is so large and so proud to be fans. I recently purchased the prequal comic series made from Supernatural and its also great!

3. cadkitten says:

Thank you so much for doing this, it was a delight to listen to! <3 Have a wonderful evening!

4. Jesse says:

Loved this podcast! Mostly because I love Scotland and learning about GISHWHES!

I’ve just launched a podcast myself, and we want to put together a team for this year’s hunt.

I’d appreciate it if you’d come check out what we have to say about it in Episode 4 of The MediaFiles Podcast!

5. Leah says:

I absolutely lost my mind when I saw this episode go up: MISHA! I’m a massive SPN and followed GISHWHES (but didn’t play along.) I agree that getting J2 on would be pretty sweet, but probably hard since they shoot in Canada most of the year.

Also I like that Chris talked about how Chloe makes sure to compliment people she meets. When I met her briefly at NYCC 2012 she was super sweet. I told her I really liked her Lara Croft cosplay and then she complimented my Harley Quinn hair that I had done for my own meager attempt at cosplaying. It absolutely made my day and I made sure to then compliment others at the con, especially those who seemed to be cosplay noobs like myself.

6. Shutterbg says:

That was hilarious and really fun to listen to, ironically I found myself listening to this while watching Supernatural. I envy the coolness of all involved since like I have none of my own :>

7. Magess says:

Thanks for this. Misha is so excellent. :)

8. Kristin says:

YESSSSSSS!!! Thank you Chris!

9. Danny says:

Eerie, Indiana did a character-as-actor episode.

10. Vi says:

Two of my favorite people on one podcast! /tears of joy

I had no idea Chloe was on the winning team. Very cool. Can’t wait for GISHWHES III – The Reckoning! :)

11. Amanda E. says:

I seriously just let out a “squee”. I love Misha! Can’t wait to listen to this podcast!

12. habberdasher says:

You don’t usually hear the use of the word “nards” any more. Did somebody recently watch The Monster Squad? I do recall one o’ yous guys talking about the movie in one of the recent ‘cast.

13. Misha Collins; aka the Overlord, is one of the most awesome people alive. I took part in GISHWHES last year and it changed my life. Since then Misha has inspired me to be creative, to give and to declare a DEATH TO NORMALCY.

14. Terra says:

You should really get Jared and Jensen on the show. 8D

15. dijetu says:

Made my day over in Taiwan. I heart this.

16. SPNCastielLover says:

I normally can’t sit still long enough to listen to podcasts, but I find myself doing all sorts of things I don’t normally do for the love of Misha. I’m so glad that I began watching Supernatural this past year and became a fan of Castiel and the wonderful Misha Collins. He’s truly one of the best people ever and very inspirational, as well as being hilarious!

17. Restless says:

LOL That was fabulous 😀 You three are so entertaining. And hearing about gishwhes and the result of the pledges and things, that’s pretty inspiring.

18. Amy says:

This was an awesome episode ^_^ I can’t wait for s9

19. Dena says:

These two together are gold. Both so understated and spontaneously funny at the same time. This was perfect.

20. Splashstorm says:

OMFG at the end when Misha did the Cas voice I literally FREAKED OUT and DIED ! X________________X

Also, wow, I had no idea Misha had such a tough childhood :( ! He’s such a wonderful person so at least that’s something good that he got out of it. My baby, I really feel for him. ;U;

Misha is such an intelligent, funny, witty, inspiring, kind, just everything i could ever want in a man kind of man. I’m so glad I found him.

21. shawn says:

More Supernatural cast members!!! Idjit.

22. vinna says:

Awesome interview. Thank you so much for this. Misha is just so amazing.

23. Riley says:

There is a book called angelfall

24. I really hope we get our Guinness Record Certificates before Christmas. My team is one of the ones spending Christmas together, so hopefully we can brag en masse. :)

25. Anonfan says:

The castle — and Chloe and Chris and Misha — are featured in this rad travel/music vid that Chloe made. LOVED the podcast!!

26. Lyrain says:

Made me laugh you guys sound like you had allot of fun.. Misha is greatest..

27. Curtis says:

Great episode. I met both Chloe & Misha at ECCC this year.

Chris is completely honest about Chloe being super outgoing. When I introduced myself to her she gave me a big hug and it didn’t feel like someone I just met was in my personal space which usually freaks me out. She was just awesome.

Then at the bar the next evening my friends & I ran into Misha and the evening was spent BSing about what constitutes different types of beer, stolen capuchin monkeys, and whether or not he should let Hardwick go on the Scotland trip (we said yes, and he said “that’s what I thought.”).

The podcast was pretty much 100% accurate for how it was to hang out and drink with Misha for a couple hours. He’s a fun dude to talk to and has a lot of interesting things to say.

28. Audrey says:

Ahh i love Misha! c: very funny ^-^

29. Sophie says:

Misha is a beautiful human being. Nice interview :)

30. Anna says:

I wanna see Chloe’s Cas costume!

I also echo her comments about GISHWHES, fantastic event – cured my creative block two years in a row!

31. Dustin says:

FINALLY! it’s about time you get someone on the podcast from the best show on TV right now, Supernatural. you need to get Jared & Jensen on as well.

32. Ash says:

Chloe makes me so happy when her voice is in the episodes, whether its in the intro or during the whole thing! I bet she brightens up all sorts of random people’s days in her daily activities!

33. nina says:

gishwhes is gonna explode, now.
    competition will be epic.
    bring it.

34. Stefano says:

very funny episode and Misha is an awesome guy. I laughed a lot. thanks Chris.

35. Ryan says:

Great episode, you should have Chloe pop in more often, you have great chemistry and it’s always good to have another opinion.

36. Paige says:

Misha Collins is my favorite person on the planet. I’ve been hoping you guys would have him on, I can’t wait to listen!!!

37. Kristoffer says:

Misha Collins! such an awesome actor. highly looking forward to this ep. Should try and get the supernatural boy’s on the show too. would be fun.