Nerdist Podcast Live in Washington, D.C. 11/6

Hmm. It occurs to me that we haven’t mentioned something that’s been in the calendar but for which I was unaware that tickets were put on sale. And it’s a good one.

The Nerdist Podcast Live tour will hit Washington, DC on November 6th for a show at the 9:30 Club. For anyone at all familiar with Washington live music history, that’s huge. The 9:30 Club is a hallowed name, no question about it.

And yes, nitpickers, I am fully aware that the 9:30 Club is not at the original location, which was 930 F Street NW (hence the name). You wanna nitpick? Okay, the present location was equally hallowed before it became the 9:30 Club — it was the WUST Radio Music Hall, and that has its own place in D.C. music history. So there.

But on Sunday, November 6th, at 6 pm, the 9:30 Club at 815 V Street NW in Washington, District of Columbia, United States of America will be the location of the Nerdist Podcast Live. It will be all sorts of awesome. $25 is the ticket price (they also sell parking in advance for $12); you can BUY TICKETS BY CLICKING RIGHT HERE. And then you can go and Enjoy Your Chili Half-Smoke at Ben’s Chili Bowl, because burritos are great, but sometimes you gotta go with the local favorites.

GAME OF THRONES Photos from “The Door” are Definitely Lying To Us

GAME OF THRONES Photos from “The Door” are Definitely Lying To Us

article
Tom Cavanagh on Why Grant Gustin Deserves to Be THE FLASH in the Movies Too

Tom Cavanagh on Why Grant Gustin Deserves to Be THE FLASH in the Movies Too

article
New STAR WARS Images Reveal Major EPISODE VIII Details

New STAR WARS Images Reveal Major EPISODE VIII Details

video

Comments

1. Dom says:

ah, right smack dab in the middle of Magfest, down the street.

2. B Mah says:

Chirs, et all,

I just got an email the other day saying that your DC show has been canceled. I can forward you the email. If true.. Then I am truly sad. :( :(

3. Jimmy Rogers says:

Woo, tickets bought for my gf and myself. She’s never “seen” the podcast, so I’m gonna show her your TV pilot next week.

I tried to announce this event at my local sci-fi (fiction) association, but I mostly got blank stares. No one had heard of “the nerdist,” let alone comedian nerds. There are many dichotomies in geek/nerd culture, it would seem. :(

4. Anwar says:

I was so happy when I opened up the Washington Express on Thursday and saw that you were doing a show at the best club here. I’m really looking forward to this show.

5. Diane says:

I can’t believe that I’m seriously considering going to this show too.

6. Jesse says:

Woot!!! So excited, bought my tickets, can’t wait to see you guys. FYI if you bring merch I will buy.

7. JetpackBlues says:

This sucks for me because I’m flying back from Jamaica that day (best man in a friend’s wedding) and my flight doesn’t land until 8.

And again, here is the Washington Post interactive article about the history of the club. So nice, I felt like posting it twice.

I also missed last years free show celebrating the 30th Anniversary of the club, featuring acts such as:

Tiny Desk Unit
    The Slickee Boys
    The Psychedelic Furs
    Clutch
    Trouble Funk
    Bob Mould
    Dave Grohl
    and hosted by Henry Rollins.

Tickets were only available via replying to the e-mailing list, and then were by lottery if you put your name in the hat.

Pics from the show:

8. Tori says:

Bought my ticket days ago! Now searching for the perfect Doctor Who shirt to wear. (… bow tie, or no bow tie…)

9. Mallika says:

Thanks for the heads up. Just bought my ticket. :o)

10. Kris says:

Aw man. Another show I can’t see because I’m not in town. First Childish Gambino, now Nerdist.

My school needs to get more cool people on/around our campus.