Kevin Smith #2

Nerdist Podcast: Kevin Smith #2

It’s the 200th episode!! And who better to have than Kevin Smith?! There’s talk about the world of podcasting, Star Trek, and stealing stuff from DisneyWorld!

This episode is brought to you by Stamps.com. Click on the radio microphone and enter Nerdist to start a no risk trial and get a bonus offer worth $110!

Art by Dana Lechtenberg

Comments

1. Thank you for making my point! ;) I’ll not be coming back to this thread so if you have any additional insights into my mother’s character you’d like to share with me feel free to hit me up on Twitter, big guy. Otherwise, have nice life!
    #unlikely

2. Well… he can always lose weight, but it’s more than likely that you’ll always be a shithead.

3. @Jones
    I really can’t find anything to say about you that you didn’t already put in your name, sir.

4. I looked up Simon & Simon star Jameson Parker on wikipedia after this episode and discovered an amazing factoid: In the fall of 1992, Parker was shot by a neighbor near his home. He made a full recovery, and the neighbor was convicted of attempted murder and sentenced to nine years in prison

WHAT? His co-star gets to make Major Dad money and he gets shot over what I’m guessing was a lawn gnome-related argument? How is that fair?

5. Martin says:

Love the show but for the first time ever you guys sounded like a bunch of jocks discussing John Carter and it’s title. Cannot believe the guy who wrote a Superman script and runs a comic shop has not heard of John Carter. There is no question the marketing failed but every nerd and comic book fan needs to go and find out who John Carter is and read the books.

6. Namons says:

Congrats on hitting a milestone; love Kevin Smith; hate that this is the only podcast playback flash program I have found on the ENTER INTERNETS with no volume control… 200 episodes later and we can’t put in a slider? *waits for haters that are gonna hate*

7. david says:

so, i know that no one was wondering about this, but you totally could have a plane fly around the earth keeping itself in the correct time zones (part of the whole gremlins discussion). Just have it orbit one of the poles, much less distance to travel to get to the different time zones.

8. wavefoundation says:

Chris, just so you know… I would never be listening to this podcast if I didn’t see you on Singled out. In that space of time I knew you were one of the best for somewhere. I wanted to hate you because I thought dating game shows were so vapid. At that time MTV was on the decline in being a interesting channel. Your timing was impeccable and you made something work that is almost impossible to do in that medium.

I may never be able to listen or see everything you do.

Keep educating,entertaining and keep dreaming because you and your network of friends bring something to the world that was never before there. That’s it, the message is over…

Except this:

Do you remember the show Secret City on PBS and a guy named Commander Mark? Go look on youtube & smile even if you don’t! :)

9. …No creepiness intended, but Katie’s got a cute laugh!

10. Wildride says:

The entertainment countdown show sounds a lot like this:

You have room for another little one, right?

;)

11. Dollar Bin says:

70s stars do own real estate. I had friends in college who rented their house in La Jolla from Jameson “the other Simon” Parker.

12. Chrissy says:

Happy 200th fellas!!! Matt totally missed the opportunity to say his new podcast is getting good FEaB-back! Thanks for all the nerdy laughs!!!

13. Cesar says:

I loved this!! It’s like Batman joining the Avengers for one awesome crossover…..

14. Patty Marvel says:

“Do you have something like ‘The Piano,’ but with dicks in it?” I almost did a spit take with hot coffee.

15. Dylan says:

My personal podcast universes collide, SQUIEE!!!!!!

16. Pat says:

Not always the biggest fan of Kevin Smith’s podcasts, but this was a fantastic combination. Hope it happens more!

17. Dan says:

I like how the inspirational stories of how both shows began turns toward fleshlights. lost it on “sticking one up a guy’s ass doesn’t make you gay” too funny :D

18. @Wendy: tee-hee! well I’m glad we were able to de-Internet you! (judging before consuming, that is) happy to hear it!

19. Wendy says:

@Chris so I gave this episode a chance and was pleasantly surprised! Mr. Smith had some inspiring and wise words. And entertaining too! Lesson learned :)

20. Josh says:

Flesh capacitor! Fleshing!

21. Mark Rajca says:

This is fantastic
    ! Love hearing all of you at the same time!

I don’t even have TV anymore and don’t really need it, I have the Pod Kings!

22. Jen says:

Looking forward to this episode. I’m watching a dvr’d episode of The Next List and the person being interviewed seems like she’d be a great Nerdist guest -Jane McGonigal. Writer/gamer/Buffy fan. In your spare time, add her to the list.

23. Hubert Cumberdale says:

^What the singled-out guy said.

24. Chris Hardwick says:

@Wendy: well at least you got to come here and complain about it!

Thanks for the positivity and well-wishes everyone else!!!

25. Kyle S. says:

Did Matt Mira just make an alternate picking joke?

*rewinds*

By the ghost of Uncle Curtis, he did! Matt Mira, you are the best.

26. Wendy says:

ugh. Had high expectations for episode 200. But Kevin Smith is one of those things I just do not understand. Hope everyone else enjoyed it!

27. Zainab says:

Can you invent a way to jump through our headphones and give us hugs? Please? Though I suppose these podcasts are one large metaphorical hug…

28. Kass says:

This was so good! I’m going to go seize the day. And maybe start a podcast.

High fives for all the guys!

29. Aaron says:

Why is Mosier billed as “Smooching Seaman” on IMDB for his kissing scene on the bus in Dogma? Is it because he’s wearing a sort of winter-style knitcap reminiscent of a fisherman’s cap? Or was it wordplay with semen? I don’t understand that. Why not just bill him as “adulturer” or something?

30. J. Marcus says:

Congratulations on 200 episodes! You guys are bloody inspirational (not just regular inspirational)! Keep on keeping on!

31. @LeffDover says:

So many congratulations on 200 episodes!

Only 56 episodes until 2^8-iversary!

32. Atrox says:

I really wish you guys would have Kevin on more often. I know he has all the Smodcast stuff going on, but the forces combined make a really great thing to listen to.

33. Congratulations on your Nerdistennial 200th Episode!

I’ll be traveling from Florida to Boston this week for your live show at the Wilbur on Friday. I guess that will be Episode 206, or something, but that’s okay by me. Just can’t wait to see you guys IRL!

34. Fantas! says:

EVERYONE should be a creator? A cursory glance at fanfiction.net tells me otherwise. Most people don’t create entertainment worth bothering with. I don’t think that’s condescending to say, either.

35. Rogue says:

“Stop being entertained, go out and be entertaining” Fantastic quote. And definitely what everyone should do. Be a creator, not just an appreciator.

36. Fantas! says: