Justin Willman

Nerdist Podcast: Justin Willman

The magical (seriously, he’s a magician!) Justin Willman sits down with the guys to talk about different magic tricks he has done over the years and what the magic community is like, and Justin talks about his upcoming show at Club Nokia in LA on September 29th!

Get tickets to Justin’s show at Club Nokia on September 29th!

Click on the banner to shop at and support the show!

1. BADMIRE says:

I heard you mention the Lincoln-Douglas debates. One of the spots you are talking about is my home town, Alton IL.

2. bill cosby says:

Maybe because I’m bitter and alone, but I don’t like the cutesy couple intro.

3. Joshua Bryan Hammack says:

I love magic meltdown. Is there going to be more episodes?

4. Jack says:

Please, stop flirting with your girlfriend during the podcast intros. We get it… you’ve got a girlfriend. If wanted more of her, I’ll look at her nude pics again.

5. @Pedak
    I see what you mean, and ordinarily I would agree with you, but I don’t think that attitude applies in every case, and especially not in this case.

6. Pedak says:

@Doctor Quemmento

A winner is someone who doesn’t get butthurt by a comment made on a thread for a humor-based podcast.

7. kathleen says:

Listened to this yesterday and a second time just now so i could write names down of other magicians and comics mentioned in interview. Yeah, i think it’s more fun not knowing how tricks/illusions are done. You have to figure out enough stuff in life . . with magic, i just want to go along for the ride and be entertained. His ability to play to any audience, any age, any venue, theater, coffee shop, beach, colleges, on campus, grade school kids & different types of magic, technology, card, etc . . & do comedy is very cool. I have notice scratches/cuts on Justin’s W. hands/arms on some of the Magic Meltdown episode & wondered if that was from practicing magic. Admire his work ethic, gift of gab and ability to have fun.

Thanks, Maura, for sharing that You Tube video of Derren Brown. That is actually very of unsettling. Could explain a few unusual and confusing things in my life regarding someone. I’m thinking there are people who are mentalists that aren’t necessarily ethical about it and can lead one around by the nose, heart, soul . . . for years . . players, criminal minds, like that. Tricky psychological stuff. Anyway, enjoyed
    the podcast.

8. JetpackBlues says:

Cubert: *SNORT*

Judge Whitey: That’ll do, pig.

Q*bert: @!#?@!

Every time you guys did an impersonation of Doug Henning all I could hear was Rich Hall’s parody of him on SNL.

“Ooooooh, thenk you.”

9. ThisGuyRightHere says:

The entire time I listened to this, I wanted to say “Illusion, Chris. A trick is something a whore does for money!” 😀

10. @Pedak
    Oh, I’m sure it’s true. It’s just not much of a boast unless you consider surfing the web, pecker in hand, in search of intimate photos that disgusting creeps have stolen from people some sort of accomplishment. Anyone with a web browser and a shattered sense of empathy could do that, so I’m not sure how much of a winner that makes Tim.

Anyway! I finally finished listening to the podcast and loved the interview with Justin Willman. I haven’t visited the Magic Castle since I was a kid, but I remember it being like wonderland. I’m not sure if it’s still there, but they used to have a piano that was played by a ghost who took requests. Ferkin aersorme.

11. Joseph says:

::::Disgustingly cute couple intro….I must pretend to not be jealous of the cuteness::: Hey guys, lets talk about football….

12. Bobby G says:

Wow, Tim mentions boobs and the nerds get nervous, Hey Tim…..I agree.

13. Pedak says:

Thread Winner? Tim.

For getting people to hate his (possibly true?) boasting.

14. Maura says:

This was a really good episode! Justin mentioned Derren Brown, who is pretty much my hero. If anyone is curious, here is the “paying with paper” trick he talked about:

And a fun bonus with Simon Pegg:

15. Patty Marvel says:

Why do I have the feeling that snort will soon be a ringtone?

One of the reasons I keep pen and paper nearby when I listen to the podcast is because ya’ll throw stuff like this out at us: I feel like I should’ve already known about this as a university employee. Also took down the names of some of the movies mentioned because my Netflix queue just ISN’T long enough.

@Chris and Justin – What books about Harry Houdini would either of you recommend? I’m into (auto)biographies and I’d like to know which ones fans of magic enjoy.

And speaking of fisting…this podcast has clearly had an influence on me, or at least how I speak to others. Just like Matt blurted out “fisting,” there was an incident today where my boss said, “I have something for you” and I blurted out, “Chlamydia?” Luckily, no library patrons were nearby and my boss has a sense of humor.

Soooo…I’m blaming Matt for that.

16. Curtis says:

Man, and I thought Fisting may have been the thread-killer. Let’s rewind to before the Chloe’s boobs comment.

On the topic of the podcast – I really enjoy Justin as an entertainer. I love Magic Meltdown on YouTube, but I’ve never seen Cupcake Wars (nor do I intend to, sorry). I’m kinda sad that he never made his way to my school when he was on the college circuit, although we did manage to get John Oliver and the Sklar Brothers while I was there. Keep up the magic!

17. Yeah, we’re all really impressed that you can type with your dick, Tim, but I think I speak for most of us when I say next time please think with your other head before posting a comment. That was pretty fuckin rude.

18. Chloe says:

Aww, Tim. You made them blush.

19. erik2690 says:

Really Tim? Pretty unnecessary thing to say. That intro was hilarious. Thanks for another great podcast Chris.

20. Tim says:

I just want everyone to know the following:

I have seen Skydart’s boobs. They’re pretty cute.

21. Peter says:

Great episode. I knew as I was laughing just into the intro it was to be an excellent podcast. Great job!

22. amysrevenge says:

Am I strange? I like the idea of magic, and I like magicians, and I like listening to people talk about magic, but I universally find even the best magic performances to flip between dull and uncomfortable.

23. Curtis says:

24. Matt Grandis says:

Skydart the Snorter. That is all.