Nerdist Podcast: Impromptu Hostful
Impromptu Hostful

Nerdist Podcast: Impromptu Hostful

Chris tricks Matt and Jonah into doing a hostful! Jonah talks about visiting one of his favorite record labels, Bruce Gutter joined Jonah during his stand up in San Francisco, and Chris and Matt talk about the writers room on @midnight!

1. I have realized some significant things through your blog post post. One other stuff I would like to express is that there are lots of games in the marketplace designed mainly for toddler age young children. They include things like pattern recognition, colors, wildlife, and patterns. These often focus on familiarization instead of memorization. This helps to keep little ones occupied without having a sensation like they are studying. Thanks

2. niedresowa says:

Thank you, I have just been searching for info about this topic for ages and yours is the best I have discovered till now. But, what about the bottom line? Are you sure about the source?

3. I would also love to add when you do not already have an insurance policy otherwise you do not participate in any group insurance, chances are you’ll well make use of seeking assistance from a health agent. Self-employed or individuals with medical conditions ordinarily seek the help of any health insurance dealer. Thanks for your post.

4. Hi are using WordPress for your site platform? I’m new to the blog world but I’m trying to get started and set up my own. Do you require any coding expertise to make your own blog? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

5. zabudowa says:

Hi my friend! I wish to say that this article is awesome, nice written and include almost all important infos. I would like to see more posts like this.

6. zabudowa says:

There is obviously a bundle to know about this. I consider you made certain nice points in features also.

7. rektoratem says:

Do you have a spam problem on this website; I also am a blogger, and I was curious about your situation; we have created some nice methods and we are looking to trade solutions with others, why not shoot me an e-mail if interested.

8. Great post. I was checking constantly this blog and I’m inspired! Extremely helpful info specifically the last part :) I take care of such information much. I was seeking this particular information for a long time. Thanks and best of luck.

9. obskoczmyz says:

Oh my goodness! an amazing article dude. Thank you However I’m experiencing problem with ur rss . Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting similar rss downside? Anyone who knows kindly respond. Thnkx

10. preryj says:

Hey there! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading through your blog posts. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same topics? Thank you!

11. Jennifer says:

Come back to Michigan for the Nerdist or even just Chris’s standup. You guys keep bringing Michigan up. Lol. I missed the Chicago show. :( Oh well. Loved hearing you guys talk! :)

12. Jen says:

Oblivion really reminded me of Indipendance Day. Maybe that’s the movie Matt was tryin to think of. Great podcast, made my night!

13. Max Heckel says:

I second the brendon small notion! Metalocalypse is one of the funniest shows on TV!

14. spacie says:

Love a good hostful! More please!

15. JetpackBlues says:

The Greatest American Hero costume never gets old, IMHO.

Considering the wardrobe malfunction with the belt, I think this is a hand-me-down from Peter Hardwick.

And *I* have the Instruction Book. mwa-hahahahaha!

16. Andy says:

Come on down to Nashville! We’ll roll out the carpet normally reserved for Tim McGraw.

17. Scully says:

Katie you are the best!

18. JE Smith says:

Also, you guys could come back to Dallas for a live Nerdist, since the audio from your first visit proved to be unusable!

19. JE Smith says:

Also, you guys can feel free to come back to Dallas, since the audio from your last trip here was unusable!

20. JE Smith says:

I think the movie Jonah is referencing — which had a very similar ending to INDEPENDENCE DAY — is the Tom Cruise snoozer OBLIVION, where Cruise and M. Freeman flew up into the alien mothership in order to nuke it (which doesn’t say much about the alien ship’s security system). I was totally thinking the same, “Hey, this is the same ending…”

And I agree, ID is a bad, bad, bad movie. :p

21. -Di. says:

Rhode Island for the Nerdist Live!!! Ok, that’s not a viable option. Still, the north east would be awesome for selfish reasons. :-)

22. Three Toes of Fury says:

i hate to complain but i feel the proverbial ball was dropped by not naming this episode “Katies Ears Full-o-D@cks”.

Awesome hostfullness…several items hit home with me…

Chris: my all-time-favorite halloween costume was a homemade “Greatest American Hero” costume that my mom made me as a child. second to that was the following year where she made me a homemade Beaker costume. woot!

Jonah: i was born and raised in Schaumburg Il and LOVED your opening bit about the town…its made even funnier by the fact that any time i travel and people ask me where im from, i say “Chicago”.

@Louis: totally agree with you…Ready Player One is one of the best books ive read in a long long long time. Im chomping at the bit for his sequel, Armada, which i think is coming out next year.

Peace .n. POINTS! (mmmm @midnight returneth soon)

3ToF…flyin on air…never thought it could be sooo realllllll…on a wing and a prayer…whooooo could it beeee…believe it or not, its just me.

23. Nichole says:

Philly for the live Nerdist!

24. T says:

Ooh hey, is it just me, or is it gettin’ a little hosty in here?

25. JetpackBlues says:

Matt needs to come up with a voice. Between Bruce Gutter and Pierre the Pelican, there needs to be another to bring chaos to the table.

26. Kelly says:

This just made my work day so much better!!

27. Ravelle says:

Damnit, I need at least a 2 hour hostful. :(

28. Louie says:

Ready Player One was my favorite read of 2012. Still have to listen to the audio version, though.

29. Johnny Driggs says:

Now I’m really confused about how Chris knows about Driggs, Idaho.

30. Alec says:

Ugh, just like that awful Voyager two-parter with Sarah Silverman and Ed Begley Jr. That just makes things worse.

31. JetpackBlues says:

You are never gonna get to fly the space shuttle if you marry a stripper.

*Lights cigar*

32. Clueless Neophyte says:

I saw Blaine Capatch when I was in college, at Mary Washington College, in Fredericksburg, VA, back in, what ’90 or ’91, as part of a kind of comedy revue, along with maybe 4 or 5 others. I wish I could remember who the others were–based on the time, the style, & the company, it’s possible Patton Oswalt or Brian Posehn were part of it. Back then, he went by the stage name Blaine Damage–so, already, a pun. The main bit he did that I remember was punning through the alphabet, literally each letter birthed a joke. I can only imagine how many other punny alphabet jokes he was able to riff on–maybe the bit changed from show to show. The one I remember laughing hardest at was for the letter V: “Nazis on a rollercoeater–VEEEEEEE!”

33. Atticus says:

@amysrevenge Team FeaB? Really. Them’s fightin words bub. jk. Team Nerdist (Chris, Jonah, Matt) all the way.

34. amysrevenge says:

Very funny episode. Jonah in particular was really “on” for this one (and I’m normally more of a Team FEaB kind of guy lol).

35. chris hardwick says:

@Stephen: Done! We already recorded it. It will come out soon.

36. Stephen says:

You guys should definitely try getting Brendon Small on the podcast!

37. Dustin says:

another great podcast guys! Independence Day is one of my all-time favorite movies. if i were to make a list, i would be in the top 2 or 3 easily.

38. Jesse says:

I love that Blaine is a writer on the show! He’s my favorite part of Nerd Poker (which you should totally guest on, Chris)!

39. Tiffany says:

Oh man Independence Day is a touchy subject around these parts too! what is it about that movie

40. Chris says:

Is there someone here who’s really butt hurt about Independence Day jabs? Or is it one of those sarcastic/ironic comments that has absolutely no trace of sarcasm/ironic tone?

41. Megs says:

Thanks for the Hostful episode guys! The guest you have had on lately are great but it’s always enjoyable to hear how/what the three of you are doing in your lives outside of the podcast. Plus you three ALWAYS crack me up with the riffs and random banter.
    Cheers till next time :)

42. Jake says:

You guys… don’t like Independence Day?

Huh. I may have to re-think some things…

43. J.Nvrmind says:

And Jonah for the win…between the Spin Doctors and the Portland/hipster quips….we have a winner. Hey Thanks for the hostful.

44. daniel says:

Don’t talk shit about Independence Day motherfuckers. For your information, there was a deleted scene where they explain all of the technology on Earth is derived from the tech they found in the space craft that they had. They reversed engineered it.

45. Brian says: