George RR Martin

Nerdist Podcast: George R.R. Martin

Recorded at Comic-Con 2013 in San Diego from his hotel room, it’s George R.R. Martin! He tells stories about the early days of comic book conventions, the journey of adapting his books to the screen, and football…!?

Check out his website for books, swords and more!

Comments

1. Michael Foley says:

You and George bemoaned the lack of a “Police procedural in a Realm” and I immediately thought of the Ankh-Morpork City Watch. Low and behold http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Watch_(TV_series) it’s been in the works for 2 years.

• Patty Marvel says:

@Michael Foley – DUDE!!!! You’re a Discworld fan too?!?!?! Hubby is a HUGE fan and I’ve read just a fraction of Sir Terry’s works (“Small Gods” and “Hogfather” are my faves so far). SOOO happy to hear “The Watch” is in production! Must share with Hubby!

2. Caf Comics says:

How we spelling “titties”?

3. Caf Comics says:

I listened to this. It was good.

Matt or Jonah missed the opportunity to ask if they’ll be more or less titties in the next season tho. I’m saying more. I love titties.

4. Rob S. says:

There is a book called Dragon Precinct. It is by Keith R.A. Decandedo Another four named writer guy.

5. brandon says:

plese put a share link whare i can share some nerdist good ness with my buds on face book .ben trying to get the word out and get them to try the pod out

6. Erol says:

After reading Lee’s comments i thought Jonah/Matt were butting in a lot. but really hardly made any comments and certainly not any that i found to be annoying or ruining the flow of the conversation. Guess this guy just doesnt get it.

Just curious, was GRRM avoiding answering any questions about the next book?

7. Tim says:

@Chris. No offense, but you, Jonah, and Matt are great. See, a correct use of “no offense!”

8. Ross says:

IIRC, one of those Roman L&O novels was made into a tv movie(kind of a cheesy one) years ago, called “Age of Treason”, starring Bryan Brown as the Roman p.i. Kind of fun, and you do get a glimpse of everyday life for non-patrician Romans.